vehicle prep help please.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
So I am pretty excited about just coming and beatin my junk in delta!!

I am reading the rules and trying to get ready. I don't want to get turned away after spendin all the gas money to get there!

questions on rules:

Rollcage, mandatory, or is factory rollbar OK? I rolled my junk HARD a few months ago and it was just fine.( adding one this summer, just not sure it will get done before Delta)

electric cutoff? Help me understand. My rig is just a stock 22re. what do I need to add to fit the rule here? or is the key the switch referred to?

foot bars??

my doors are off now, is that ok?

Here is a pic of my pile anything else you can see myight need addressed? It doesn't leak anything and runs at any angle.

I know I sound like a newby mallcrawler, but I just don't want any surprises when I get down there:greg:

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Craig S

Commando
So I am pretty excited about just coming and beatin my junk in delta!!

I am reading the rules and trying to get ready. I don't want to get turned away after spendin all the gas money to get there!

questions on rules:

Rollcage, mandatory, or is factory rollbar OK? I rolled my junk HARD a few months ago and it was just fine.( adding one this summer, just not sure it will get done before Delta)

I'll do the best I can to answer your questions. I have to admit that I'm a computer klutz and couldn't get your photo to open (sorry). You will need a roll cage. I'm not sure what you have in your rig now. A six point cage is what I would recommend although not strictly required. Here is a section from the rules:

3.7 Roll Bars/Cages-Roll Bar construction must be welded and connection points of the roll cage must tie in to the frame of the vehicle. Body mounts are considered a tie in point for Street Stock class. Bolt in cages are approved at factory mounting locations. Roll cages must be capable of protecting the driver and spotter from injury. PARK will not be responsible for cages that fail. The safety of the roll cage is the responsibility of the driver and spotter.

electric cutoff? Help me understand. My rig is just a stock 22re. what do I need to add to fit the rule here? or is the key the switch referred to?

Key switch is good, a cut off is preferred in case your throttle sticks. It's happened before and people have been injured. An atv pull cord works great and are about $10-$20 at an ATV store. It's easier to get hold of to kill your rig than the ignition switch in case of emergency. Just put it in series with the ignition wire. I also makes a great anti-theft device when you remove it from the vehicle.

foot bars??

Will your foot stay inside the vehicle if it rolls? On some vehicles when the doors are removed don't have anything that will hold your feet in when you roll. 6" is enough of a lip to hold feet in. Rule section is included below:

3.18 Foot Bars-Foot bars must be constructed of a minimum of 1.25" OD x .090 minimum wall tube. Foot bars must be installed between the front and rear hoop of the main roll cage at a minimum height of 6" measured from the vehicle floor if not incorporated into the original vehicle design. The foot bar must be designed to keep feet inside the vehicle in case of roll over.

my doors are off now, is that ok?

Doors off is OK

I hope that helps. Why don't you give me a call with any issues? I'm sure we can get everything worked out. 801 367 1395

Craig

rock4fun

If you are interested and dont want to our dont have time to build a cage there is one on ksl for a toyota 4-runner that is a 6 point cage that goes from front to rear for 400 obo I would offer 200-300 and see what he says I think that is a good deal just drill holes bolt in and go no bending and fabing.you could have it in in 1 day compared to at least a week of fabing and bending.It is in rock spring wy the guys name is dan and his number is 1-307-371-7656.It would only take you about 2and 1/2 hrs to get there.Heck let me know if you decide to get it and if you need help I may be able to help you pick it up