Vehicle tow light repair?

RedeyeRacing

Let me start by saying that I hate electrical issues...So I have some electrical gremlins in my wiring between my tail lights (01 Ford Excursion) and the plug (and the preplug before the plug). Been through all the fuses and they are good. Because mine came with with the 7 plug standard, you can't go buy a whole new harness to do a new plug and play.....so it means I need to do some splicing....did I mention I hate electrical issues?

Anyway....does anyone know of shops around town that do good electrical work? It is driving me crazy.

Thanks,

Nate

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm pretty confident you can just buy the wiring harness for pretty reasonable from F*rd. Just plug and play. I think it was like $60 or something? I did that on my '99 F250 and things worked out pretty well.

Did the same thing with my 2004 Dodge 2500, but I think it was only $35 or something?

RedeyeRacing

I was down at Champion Ford yesterday and if it comes with the 7 plug from the factory it is wired on its own circuit. If it has the 4 flat, it is plug and play.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I was down at Champion Ford yesterday and if it comes with the 7 plug from the factory it is wired on its own circuit. If it has the 4 flat, it is plug and play.

My '99 was both on one. Four flat on the side of the seven pin. I don't remember what it was like on my '01 Excursion I had for about two months.

Bart

My 01 had both also and mine did the same thing. I ended up using some of the 4 pin for my 7 pin then used a 7 pin adapter when I pulled my boat.