For Sale Viair 500C 12 Volt Compressor For Sale or Trade

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Asking Price
$100.00
This is an older discontinued unit. I have been using it as a portable, kept in a bag, for several years. Before that it was in my CJ and used for airing up tires and it ran an ARB locker. It's on the bigger side as far as compressors go, but you won't find a faster 12v compressor out there (I think).

Specs can be found here:
https://ktperformance.net/i-6683305-viair-500c-150psi-air-compressor-pump.html

I'm looking for a smaller compressor and tank that I can mount under my truck bed to run air bags. If you have those items and want to trade, hit me up. Otherwise I'd be looking for $100 for my compressor.

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
I have a small one I got from a buddy that does Airbag systems on trucks. I don't know the specs, but I could use a higher flow one for sure with 37s. I had this on my Rubicon, but didn't like how I had it mounted so I removed it. Let me know if it's what you're lookin for...

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 18

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
If I remember right I want to say it was about 2.5 minutes to fill a tire. That was without using a full tank to start with either. And I'm pretty sure this one is 100% duty cycle as well. You're welcome to come by and test it out. Actually I'll be at Willard Bay today. I could meet you there if you wanted to try it.

Nappy, do you have a model number for that one?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
If I remember right I want to say it was about 2.5 minutes to fill a tire. That was without using a full tank to start with either. And I'm pretty sure this one is 100% duty cycle as well. You're welcome to come by and test it out. Actually I'll be at Willard Bay today. I could meet you there if you wanted to try it.

Nappy, do you have a model number for that one?
FYI, the C in the Viair line stands for continuous duty.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
The sites I can find that list specs for this 500C show it's only 33% duty cycle...?
Really? That used to be their big selling point too. FWIW, these don’t do well in an under hood application. The under hood temps will trip the therm switch, rendering the compressor useless when you want it most after a day on the trail. I had to disassemble the Compressor and by-pass the switch to make it useful

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Looking on their website right now... they have many C models that are not continuous. I cannot promise you that mine is, but I think it is. When I was using it in my CJ7 I built a bracket that held the battery and this compressor right next to each other under the hood. It filled my 35" tires from 10 to 30 psi and two of my buddies 35" tires in the time it took him to fill his other two tires with his ARB compressor. So that's 6 35" tires in the Arizona summer heat, under the hood with the engine running. This compressor has never shut off on me.

*Edit: looked again at the link I posted in the first post. It says 33% duty, for whatever that's worth.