• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Video Editing, GoPro rentals, Instructional Design

sixstringsteve

I offer the following services:

- Instructional designer. I consult and design and improve training. If there's something you need someone to learn, I'm your man.

- I rent GoPros HD video cameras (Hero 2, Hero 1). I have almost any mount they make.

- I film and edit videos on the side. I'm no pro, but I can put a decent video together for you.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Way cool, Steve. Either post a reply here or send me a private message. I'm interested in renting a system for EJS. Bec and I were considering buying a GoPro.

sixstringsteve

If you're on the fence about a gopro, I highly recommend it. It's probably more cost effective to just get the Hero 2 now. They're $300 plus a memory card. I recommend the motorsports edition because it comes with the suction cup mount for vehicles. The rollbar mount is a great mount as well for jeepers.

Tim500x2000

1991 Tota X-cab
Ever mounted this system on the inside of the windshield looking out? Any constant glare or reflection issues? Obviously you'd want a clean windshield, i've been considering the hero 2 ms edition just a bit concerned on quality inside and don't like the idea of $350 worth of camera on the exterior. Any info appreciated.

sixstringsteve

No, I haven't tried mounting it on the interior before. I wonder if it'd work. I imagine you'd get a little glare but not too much.

A lot of people are worried about putting them on the exterior of their vehicle, but they say on remarkably well. I never worry about it on the exterior of my car. I think they're rated to 150-200 MPH or something like that. I've only had it fall off once, and that was because I forgot to push the suction cup lever up, and it was on a dusty roof (suction cup + dust doesn't stick very well), and it was a bumpy trail. The camera is super light, and the suction cup will hold it on really well (assuming you've got a clean mounting surface). Here are two videos I did with the gopro outside the vehicle. If you ever want to borror mine and give it a shot around the block, let me know.

[youtube]ACQ144wZfOc[/youtube]
[youtube]nElPXA3mW94[/youtube]

sixstringsteve

no experience in the sand dunes. However, since they're waterproof, they've gotta be sand-proof. I'd just had to get sand in the buttons and make them gritty.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
If you're on the fence about a gopro, I highly recommend it. It's probably more cost effective to just get the Hero 2 now. They're $300 plus a memory card. I recommend the motorsports edition because it comes with the suction cup mount for vehicles. The rollbar mount is a great mount as well for jeepers.

Looks like Rockymountainatv.com has the Hero2 Motorsports edition with a 4GB memory card for 299.99, not sure how much a 4GB card would run you but hey a deal is a deal

XJEEPER

How do GoPros fare in the sand dunes?

Ive used my GoPro at the dunes several times with no issues. 3 weeks ago, we were at Little Sahara and the wind was raging all day. As stated, the case is waterproof and it keeps the sand out too. I use mine wakeboarding and wakesurfing as well, shot some video while sledding last week, a great versitile unit. I have the tube mount to connect it to my bumper hoop, suction mount and helmet mounts.