Video uploading

STAG

Offroad and Industrial Design
Supporting Member
Can someone walk me through what I need to do in order to upload videos taken on an iPhone directly to RME, without needing to upload to YouTube first like I’ve been doing.

Or if not directly, something that is better than the YouTube link way.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We don't allow video uploads directly to RME because of the amount of storage that would require. Photos are easily compressed after upload, videos are a different story. Our hosting costs would go through the roof with video hosting. The amount of space taken up by photos alone is pretty crazy.

That said, I'm always actively looking into this subject and I would love be able to have video uploaded directly. Until then we have to rely on 3rd party video or file hosting. And I hear ya, Youtube sucks.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
What happened with the hosting site you were working on spinning up, Shane? Did that ever get off the ground?
I have a photo hosting site for offroad content only (mchne.com) but nothing for video. I've thought about doing some aws s3 setup to host video which might make the cost reasonable but I haven't had time to get into it yet.