Trip Report Vintage rigs at Winter 4x4 Jamboree 2024

smfulle

We had a group of Willys Jeeps along with a couple of classic Land Rovers at Winter 4x4 Jamboree this year.
We rented a house in Dixie Springs, arrived on the Friday before the event and made a full week plus out of the adventure.
I was the local guy do most of the trail leading. The 1st day we did a pre-run for the trail I was leading at the event, then Sunday we ran up Rattlesnake Gulch to Toquerville Falls. I wanted to give the guys a little different experience before we launched into the Sand Hollow slick rock.

smfulle

What's the year requirement for a 'vintage' vehicle? Would an '80 CJ5 qualify?
Often depends on the event. Colorado Fall Color tour = Flat Fenders only. Idaho Vintage Jeep Rally = not many rules and drive what you want. New stuff to the back of the line. Go Devil Run = You better show up in a rig powered by a Go Devil and wearing period correct {40s & 50s) clothes or they might treat you like lepers.

Riding with Stan at Sand Hollow = If you are there to have fun, jump in. If your rig has square headlights or plastic, it may or may not make it into my video.

I looked up vintage in the dictionary, ignored all the wine references and came up with this:

: of old, recognized, and enduring interest, importance, or quality : CLASSIC

CJ5s qualify in my mind, but I'm not the arbiter of all things vintage. :p