Trip Report W.E. Rock Nationals

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Farmington NM didn't disappoint this year. I went down early again and wheeled Thursday and Friday. Such great trails and obstacles. The buggy didn't let me down. I put it on its lid once but all was well. Katelynn wasn't able to join me until Friday afternoon dur to school and Tennis.

Day one at the comp we were were consistent but always some points behind first place. Ended the day like 18 points behind first sitting in second bit did a drop Noone else did. Buggy was doing great we just had some mistakes we made.

Day 2 second course we make a big mistake and cone out on a 5th bonus optional line. After that happened we knew 1st was out of site. So decided to have fun and maintain 2nd. We did that on the last 2 courses and then the shoot out.

The shoot out is designed to give you extra bonus one last chance to catch up. Our point spread was such that it wasn't possible without big mistakes for 3rd to catch us and impossible for us to catch 1st. So it was for fun. Katelynn and I put on one of the best courses possible and did more bonuses than our competitors did. The crowd was into it and us and it was probably the most fun we have ever had in a competition and she put on a show for them. We walked away with 2nd place in Nationals and Second place in Western series in Pro Mod. Not to bad for our first year in Pro mod.

FB_IMG_1695149415330.jpgIMG_6792.jpgIMG_6602.jpgIMG_6596.jpgResized_2.jpgIMG_6562.jpg