W.E. Rock

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Well Katelynn and I finished our second comp in the new buggy.

Day 1 started off a little rough on C1 with miscommunication problems. But our second and third course went fantastic! Had an almost perfect score on C2. C3 went really well. Got a little bit tipsy but we were able to front burn out of it. C4 kicked our butt. We had a plan but it just didn’t go like we wanted and ended up racing out of the end gate with 5 seconds to spare.

Day 2 started off fantastically. First course of the day we ended with a perfect score of -30. Second course was almost as good. Third course was almost perfect with one backup. But fourth course we were way too stressed going into it and hit two cones. At the end of the day we finished in fourth 25 points from third. We are bummed because we know that we could have done better. Things could have turned out very differently but we made too many mistakes on the first day with the tough competition.
Couldn't be prouder of Katelynn. She doesn't have much seat time because of how busy summer is. Maybe 6 drives is all. So 4th out of 11 isn't too shabby. We are looking forward to practicing lots so that we will be ready for Goldendale and Nationals.

Thank you so much to those that have helped support us here. It was amazing and we couldn't do this without your help. Thank you RME.

20220709_094046.jpg20220709_093955.jpgFB_IMG_1657546545832.jpgFB_IMG_1657546494424.jpgFB_IMG_1657546536637.jpg

Last edited:

kmboren

So Katelynn and I are a little krazy. About 2 weeks ago we got offered to run someone's Promod car in the Promod class in Goldendale Washington. We are also taking our car to compete in the Sportsman B class. Katelynn has it easy as she just has to drive but I will be spotting both cars 8 courses total each day. Wish me luck. Goldendale Washington is in one week.

Katelynn busted the carrier bearing on the front driveshaft. We have the best Sponsors. It wasn't any fault of Adams and I called and said I needed to buy 2 carrier bearings of course they just send them to us. We believe the control arm was pushing up on the driveshaft putting undo stress on it. I shortened the lower control arms to raise the pinion. Went from 5.4 degrees to 7.1. I hope it is enough.

Speaking of Sponsors. We stopped by Julene of Summit Machine on the way home from Colorado and said hi. We now have matching steering arms to match our control arms. As always top notch service and parts.

20220726_180957.jpg20220726_180946.jpg20220726_180934.jpg
20220728_193225.jpgFB_IMG_1659124789587.jpg

kmboren

So Washington was fun but it didn't go as planned. We did not end up running 2 rigs. Our pro mod car was there and we test drove it but they had a 4 month old kid that got sick so they had to take the car and head home.

We ended up placing 4th of 11 at this comp. One course kicked our butts both days. Day one we ran out of time. Day 2 it flopped us on our side. We are getting better and learning the limits of the car. This event put us in 3rd place in the Western series so we are happy with those results. Not bad for a new car and so many things to learn with it.

We have Nationals in a few weeks and hope we can step our game up and podium there. Thanks for the support, as it has been a fun season. FB_IMG_1660777491044.jpgFB_IMG_1660777445461.jpgFB_IMG_1660777441685.jpgFB_IMG_1660777435686.jpg

Last edited:

kmboren

So our W.E. Rock season is over. Katelynn and I drove down late Wednesday night so we could wheel with the local trails on Thursday and Friday.

We feel in love with trails and area. So beautiful and and challenging climbs and obstacles. I drove the first day and we did highway trail and Harold's Highway. The rig did everything we asked it to do and more.

Friday Katelynn drove and we were led around by a promod driver/spotter Isaac a local. We did the hard side of the waterfall trail, cobra trail and some old urock comp lines. Katelynn drove and we had a blast. Came back and ate lunch and then did lower and upper rim with some competitors. That night we went to the down town take over and had fun walking around and doing the flex ramp.

Saturday was day one of the comp and we had a class of 17 rigs in Sportsman B. We did our game and had fun all day and didn't hit a single cone the first day and had a decent lead going into day 2. Sunday started and we started out great with a perfect run on our first course. The other courses were harder and we ended up hitting a couple cones during the day but trying to keep the lead. The last course we hit 2 cones but tried our best. Our competition did that same course with only 1 reverse. We ended up in a tie after 2 days of competition and 8 courses. Unfortunately they had a better average on the tie breaker course and we took second. We were so happy to do what we did. We lost to a car on 42s with portal axles that gave them the upper hand on the courses for day 2.

It was hard to lose first place but are happy with our overall results. One year after Katelynn rolled off the cliff we had a buggy done and placed 3rd in Western series and 2nd in Nationals because of a tie breaker.

Thank you for the support of RME. I love the community here and have good friends from it. Hope to see some you at trail hero or the Jared Memorial Run.

20220909_164215.jpg20220911_145242.jpgIMG-20220913-WA0001.jpgFB_IMG_1663080492015.jpg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I understand you’re sad about losing, especially in a tie breaker but don’t be. You still got an awesome result.

Or maybe I’m just looking on the bright side cause I’m also first loser 🤣🤣🤣