Warn VR EVO 10 experience?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Anyone have experience with the Warn VR EVO line? I realize they're the less expensive option, they call them a standard duty winch. I believe some of the components are manufactured overseas.

Thinking this may be the route I go for the winch on the TJ. I'd love another Zeon, but the price difference is pretty big.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I have a VR on my 80. Works fine. I don't know the difference the "Evo" makes....

Trate D

I have it on my Comanche. So far so good. Last year I broke on Pritchett on axle hill and had some big pulls and never gave me any issues. Other than that used it here and there and it always works great.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I have it on my Comanche. So far so good. Last year I broke on Pritchett on axle hill and had some big pulls and never gave me any issues. Other than that used it here and there and it always works great.

That's really what I was looking to hear, someone that really stress tested the VR and had no problems. Thanks for the info!

AaronPaige

I also have a vr 8000, it’s on the buggy, the quality seamed to be the same as my other winches,(warn and Ramsey). I bought it for the removable solenoid box, I have been satisfied with it.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
That's really what I was looking to hear, someone that really stress tested the VR and had no problems. Thanks for the info!
I have the older version on my JK. It pulls hard. I've done a lot of pulling at my property when stuck in the mud and pulling dead trees down.