Wasatch Cruisers Rubicon trip

Box Rocket

bored
These are a few shots from our club run to the Rubicon last September.

me in my FJ40 just past the little sluice
28918842pKkSPLMOiK_fs.jpg

Dan George in his FJ40
28918878ynIzUjqxIe_fs.jpg

Dave Connors working his Taco through the rocks
28918932wLJODNeiSB_fs.jpg

My wife driving our FJ40 down the big sluice
28918967bCGuenrxqw_fs.jpg

Ryan Davis and I crossing a small pond just before Rubicon springs
28919002ZiLpgADDCJ_fs.jpg

Sunset near Rubicon springs
28919035kUgBeOQMGT_fs.jpg

Group shot at the overlook at the top of Cadillac Hill
28919067sXwXOWvJyr_fs.jpg

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Great looking pics. Looks like it was a fun trip for you guys and your Cruisers. Use to have a 1970 FJ-40, but ran out of cash in rebuilding it.

Any chance you could shrink your pics down a bit next time? Took forever for them all to load on my 56K connections :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
DROOL!!!!! I think we need to plan a Rubicon Trip for the summer! I bet we can hook up with a few California locals and have them show us the good spots, or Adam can show us the way!

WildYoats

Nice pics Adam...... Love that 40 of yours. And the 80 too! (Almost bought one the other day).

Greg, im in for a Rubi trip.....One of the guys (Rich) was pondering a trip in August....

Box Rocket

bored
Our rubicon trip isn't necessarily an annual thing. Our club tries to do one big run like that each year that takes more planning and commitment from members that our weekend runs to Moab or any of the local trails. It becomes a fund raiser for our club, as we have a registration fee that helps the club provide food, t-shirts etc for the trip and at the same time generate income for the club to use on other things like service projects and other club activities.

We have talked about possibly doing Rubicon again this year but we will most likely try something new. We are considering some of the trails near Telluride, CO. and possibly the Black Hills in SD.

As for jeeps coming along on our club runs, we welcome anyone that wants to come. If you are not a member, you can come to one activity for "free" and the second time you come we ask that you pay club dues and apply for membership. If you don't own a Toyota, you can be an associate member. As an associate member you get all the benefits of the club but you are not allowed to hold office in the club, or to vote on club matters.
On our big runs like the Rubicon, non-members can come but their registration fee is slighly more than the fee for members. If you look at our group shot you'll notice a red TJ in the middle of the group. He tagged along on that trip and that's the only time we've seen him. He was a nice guy and I think he had a good time.

Nixter

on the road again...
I agree, pics are awesome, but a little large. We had a group go in September last year too. The first part of the month. Trying to square away another trip this fall...........