WCC Desert Rally Trip Report

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The Wasatch Cruiser Club hosted a Desert Rally yesterday. The rally was directed and ran by members Royal and Loretta Rose. They did an excellent job

This is the first rally club run I have ever participated in but I must say that I had alot of fun, just as much as a hardcore trail run. The rally consisted of two parts. A timed navigation couse in which teams had to visit three checkpoints over 60+ miles of trail stretching from Cedar Fort to Eureka and ending up in Little Moab. All this had to be completed using information presented to us in the form of 14 seperated maps that were used to find the checkpoints and trails that we were supposed to be on. A must for your clubs next trip...

Part two of the race consisted of a timed loop near little moab, this turned out to be alot of fun due to the fact that it wasn't about how fast you completed the loop but who could come closest to 10 minutes without going over. This left many competitors idling the last half-mile of the course....This way shear speed wasn't the key and safety remained a high priority.

For those that participate and plan different club/association runs, I recommend doing a rally style race at least once.

Cruiser Owners: check out our webpage-
http://www.wasatchcruisers.org

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Sounds like fun! When is the next one?

Hey, I reposted the Link to Wasatch Cruisers just now. (The site was down awhile ago, so I pulled the link.)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks for updating the post Greg.

As far as the next rally, I'm not sure. This was a one of the kind thing for our club but I think it is going to be an annual event. They might even host one sooner if the interest is high enough. I know the U4WDA association did a rally event for their summer event and had a great time also. Rallies Rule! :D

BTW Did you figure out all of the wiring issues on your yota yet?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit
BTW Did you figure out all of the wiring issues on your yota yet?

Yeah..... I figured out who to pay to wire it. I need to get it together the rest of the way first, though. Did you finish up the one you were doing?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
We are actually yet to start that one (I think I told you about the 4-runner) but we have completed a few other similar tasks. currently we are working on the TBI injection on the LC 2F and then we will start the 4runner EFI install. The customer still needs to get the correct fuel pump before we can start wiring. If you run into any snags let me know., you need to get that beast running so we can hit up a trail together. But I guess nobody knows that better than you do...I know exactly what its like having your truck torn apart and everyone buggin' ya' about when it going to be done.....ta' heck with them...don't rush it, you want it to be just the way it should be. Good Luck :D ;)

Ryan

Originally posted by cruiseroutfit
Thanks for updating the post Greg.

I know the U4WDA association did a rally event for their summer event and had a great time also. Rallies Rule! :D

If that's the one that was held up near Deer Creek, I almost went to it. I saw an ad for it the Friday before, and was going to buzz up in the morning and see what it was all about, but something came up. Sounded like a lot of fun though.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
It was up by Deer Creek...anyone on RME attend? I'de like hear what you thought about it. I think there was a write up about it in the U4WDA newsletter. I'll look when I get home...

Box Rocket

bored
Unfortunately, I missed the WC Desert Rally, but everyone that was there said it was one of the best trail runs they've ever done. It works out great for this time of year when snow can keep you off of some of the gnarlier trails and you still want some fun wheeling. We've got another rally already on the calendar for November next year. We will be running it in a similar fashion but probably change location.

We're trying to round up some pictures to post to the Wasatch Cruisers web page.