Official We need your help; RME Classifieds

RME

RME4x4.com
The RME Classifieds are one of the great assets of this community. They bring people together who are like-minded, looking to sell & buy various items. In order to help these transactions flow smoothly, we must have help from all the members that use the classifieds.

Lately we've had many folks listing parts, vehicles & other random things without listing a price or other pertinent information. I understand this may seem a bit nit-picky, but everyone that has started a new thread in the classifieds to sell something has agreed to the RME Classifieds rules. Part of those rules is that... We will DELETE Classifieds ads without prices!

Knowing how much people hate having their ad deleted, we have been trying to remind folks to list a price, but it's starting to get old and repeated way too often.

Also, we DO NOT allow a simple link to a classifieds site like KSL.com, Criagslist, Ebay, etc, etc. Do us all a favor and copy and paste the SAME info on RME4x4 that is in your ad on the classifieds sites. Providing as much information as you can WILL help you sell your stuff! Any ads that are just a link will be deleted, no warnings.

95% of the ads that get listed have the required information and we appreciate the folks that take the time to include that info. It's the remaining 5% that seem to be leaving out the required info.

This may seem like a minor issue to you, leaving out a price or a location, but we request you include this information to help you sell your stuff and assist other members that are interested in purchasing your stuff. Sounds pretty beneficial, right? It is... the requirements to list a price, location and good description are there to HELP YOU sell your stuff! It's not meant to be an inconvenience, but rather helpful information to assist you and any interested individuals with your transaction.

From here on out any and all ads that are posted without a price will be deleted. No warnings, no asking for folks to list prices.

Thanks and happy buying/selling! :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm going to bump this each time I delete someones thread because they didn't list a price, hopefully we'll get the message thru eventually.

And since I just deleted 2 new threads in the classifieds.... BUMP!!

Greg

Admin
Ive looked, but where is the link to the classifieds rules?

I found it.

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=61613

Could these rules be posted as a sticky in the classifieds section, for more awareness?

The way it's set up now, each person gets the classifieds rules shown to them once before their first thread in the classifieds. They have to check OK to agree, then proceed. I think we need to look into making each person agree each time they start a new thread. It will be a PITA for those that do it right, but apparently it's still needed.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
no price listed is annoying, its like that truck on the side of the road for sale with no price, you waste your time kicking the tires just to call them and find out they think its worth twice what it is.

Greg

Admin
no price listed is annoying, its like that truck on the side of the road for sale with no price, you waste your time kicking the tires just to call them and find out they think its worth twice what it is.

Yep, it's a very important piece of information to include when you're selling an item, especially online. I've deleted several threads for that reason alone.

Greg

Admin
Bumping this back up to the top, seems we have quite a few people that are forgetting to list a price.

IF YOU DON'T LIST A PRICE IN YOUR CLASSIFIEDS AD, IT WILL BE DELETED!!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Perhaps I haven't seen all the offending ads, but it seems like majority are being posted by new members. Is this the case?

Greg

Admin
I try to help out with asking for prices. But on Planet4x4, I have had to start deleting ads.

I used to do that, but if people can't include some basic info, I'm fine with deleting the ads.

Perhaps I haven't seen all the offending ads, but it seems like majority are being posted by new members. Is this the case?

Not always, usually less active forum members that just don't get it.

rollover

Greg,
Could you have a required field for price and location in order to start a thread in the for sale area?
Just an idea to ponder.

Greg

Admin
Greg,
Could you have a required field for price and location in order to start a thread in the for sale area?
Just an idea to ponder.

We've talked about it in the past, it's just not easy to add & keep with the frequent software updates, since it would be a custom ad on. Perhaps we should revisit the idea though.

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
How about everytime they want to place an ad, they just send it to Greg, now that sounds stupid. I think were all grown adults, if they cant ad a price then they dont need to sell it very bad. No reason to hold there hand. :)
Dwayne