welding shop recommendation

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
A guy I work with broke the detailer hanger which is aluminum off his carbon framed road bike. He has both pieces and is looking to see if anyone can weld it back on. I think welding will cook the connection to the carbon but brazing it may be an option. I haven't tried my hand at Tig brazing and don't want to learn on a carbon bicycle frame. Anyone know a welding shop in UT or SL county that I could recommend?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
silly road bike.... that's why mountain bike derailleur hangers are replaceable :)
sacrifice the hanger not the frame.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
assuming the seat and chain stays are carbon and the hanger is cast into an aluminum lug at the apex?

My pal Brian is the guy for this, he's an incredible fabricator. He's done all sorts of fabrication for me. He's very talented and meticulous.

I can PM you his info if you haven't found anyone yet.
Im looking for a guy to fabricate some custom roof rails on a trailer... if this is something your guy Brian can do I would be interested in contacting him for a quote.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My pal Brian is the guy for this, he's an incredible fabricator. He's done all sorts of fabrication for me. He's very talented and meticulous.

I can PM you his info if you haven't found anyone yet.
Thanks for the heads up. I think he had it done, I'll follow up today.

johnsonbz

Going to hijack this for a bit....asking a similar Welding question.
Looking to widen supports on my trailer. need to extend the verticals out 2 inches on each side. Any reccomendations? Out of (Cheap, quality, and quick), knowing I can only ever chose 2.... cheap and quality are my picks on this project.

IMG_1355.jpegIMG_1320.jpeg
IMG_1318.jpegIMG_1317.jpeg