Well, let's try using the Navigator for a tow rig (again)-2015 Navigator

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I think I have found the culprit? Easy to “fix” but something to monitor with this cute little engine. I was down coolant quite a bit. I put almost three quarts in and now have a heater almost immediately.

We’ll have to see how that works out? Down three quarts in a 43k mike rig is a little alarming. I'll obviously start to monitor that at least once a week. A little engine like this pulling around a 6500 lb wagon is working pretty hard and should be needing to transfer a fair amount of heat to do the work. If I’m that low, that seems odd.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We had a coolant leak on our EB F150, sounds like they're somewhat common. I'd start with checking for leaks, ours was pretty obvious with a small coolant puddle and smelling like antifreeze after driving.

mbryson

Supporting Member
We have apparently killed a water pump. We're giving the Performance Ford dealership a shot with our "Certified Used" Lincoln warranty. Oddly I know two of the new service writers there quite well for the past 20 years, Scott Simpson and Blaine Curtis. We'll see how it goes. My wife is banished to the F350 until Friday (at least) and I'm driving the cute little TJ until then, I guess. Wave if you see me (I need to find a new top for this poor thing---carpet would be SMRT as well?)

1549345620475.png

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Just an update on the "Certified Used" warranty. It's legit. We ended up having a bad water pump and some bad coolant lines. They had her Navigator for about a week but got it taken care of and it's been good to go for the past couple of months. She still LOVES the car. It's not my cup of tea but is a good rig. I need to pay it off and I'll feel better about it?

mbryson

Supporting Member
So, it had to be towed. I get to play fun games with LHM Ford tomorrow (the last folks to rotate the tires) and see where that goes.
$60k+ sticker and you can’t put real lug nuts on a car? These are the same type of cheap, shitty lug nuts they put on ‘90s Jeeps that totally suck

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Just and FYI, LHM service writer Mike (1340 S 500 w) was very understanding when I met him at 7 am. We'll see how this turns out? He had similar thoughts to me and mentioned the same craptastic lug nuts that Chrysler had in the 90's. :rofl:

Last edited: