WERock Grand Nationals in Cedar City, UT 9/12-13

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'm sure some of you are already aware but for those that aren't, see above! Grand Nationals has been in Farmington, NM for the last few years but the 'rona has that whole state freaking out and Utah is reaping the benefits. Take advantage of the opportunity to see some amazing rock crawling at an amazing location- Three Peaks Recreation Area!

1598904280015.png

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
1st place in West Coast series in my Jeep.
3rd place in Nationals in my Jeep. We had 3wd due to a broken shaft for 3 courses on Saturday and rolled on Sunday so 3rd was actually pretty impressive.

The really amazing result is that we had a killer weekend in Ryan's buggy. There were 16 competitors in Unlimited which is really crazy. It was our 3rd comp in the new car (and unlimited class) and we had a great weekend. We were in 3rd going into the shootout (the top 5 go to it) so we made a plan to hang onto our spot and we executed. Being on the podium with the likes of Jesse Haines and Cody Waggoner is legitimately a DREAM COME TRUE!

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Katelynn and I had a decent weekend. On Saturday we finished with a -62 and in first place and were on cloud 9. Had a great dinner at the Nationals award ceremony and we brought home second in Nationals behind Nate and Ryan.
On Sunday on the first course we discovered our rear Arb was not working. After some investigation it was the air collar seal that let go. So we had no rear locker for all of the Sunday comp. We got stuck on the very next course and didn't finish it so that was were we lost our lead.
Nate was coming on strong in 3rd. We managed to do decent on the last 2 courses but played it conservative to try to maintain our 2nd place. Had Nate not rolled he would have had second and we would have had 3rd. In the end we finished nationals with 2nd place. Not to bad considering it was Katelynns 3rd comp ever. Had a great time and loved watching Ryan and Nate do well in unlimited. it was a fun Shootout to watch. You can see more of our pictures and such on our Instagram of krazy_k.s20200913_171333.jpg20200913_140813.jpg

Last edited: