WERock Western Series, Round 1- BAGDAD, AZ March 2-3

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That's right folks, time for the rockcrawling season to begin again, with WERock's first round of the Western Series. This year it returns to Bagdad, AZ, a new location last year. This place is pretty rad, great rocks and AWESOME views of ALL the courses for spectators. We rarely get that luxury!! Bagdad is about 100mi NW of Phoenix, and is a really neat little place, built around a huge copper mine. One of the local bar and grills is pretty much right at the bottom of the hill, too, which is pretty cool. On behalf of WERock, I'd like to thank Freeport-McMoran, the mine owner, for letting us use their property.

This should be another good event at a great location that should be even better this year. Last year the locals did an incredible amount of work and cleared out a TON of brush and vegetation to make a pretty sweet place to watch a rockcrawling comp. ProMod was the upset of the decade with Dustin Bailey taking the win, and we got to see Jesse Haines making a crazy-looking climb up and over a huuuuuge obstacle. It's gonna be FRICKIN' SWEET.

https://goo.gl/maps/gJqebzCZwKy (this is to the comp site)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Only 2.5 weeks away :oops:

Also that link just brings me to Bagdad, no comp site. I don't even know where the comp site is...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I went there last year but I will surely get us lost without new direction.

I'm guessing it's right there by the Copper Country Bar & Grill which is pretty easy to find. The WERock site says to just follow the signs hahaha

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I'm guessing it's right there by the Copper Country Bar & Grill which is pretty easy to find. The WERock site says to just follow the signs hahaha

the town is tiny its hard to miss once you get to bagdad, but you are aware of my stellar navigating skills

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Need a spotter or back up spotter. Who's going to spectate and wants to be a part of the action. I have decided last min to go compete. I will be doing at least 3 events. I will be in sportsman class. Some experience spotting would be good but not picky. I drive a built jeep Cherokee