West Desert FUN!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So I went out to the West Desert yesterday to do some exploring and found a few places that could be killer trails.....
but, what are the rules and regulations concerning the use of land, especially out in the friggin' desert? I was out by Merker, the gold mine, and found this wash that looked like it would be INSANE, if it were legal. It was steep, and had mostly smooth rock, with the occasional 2+ ft ledge.It was on Public Land, and had a sign that stated so right by the turn off the road. I drive up about 20 feet off the trail just to get a taste of it. (Shhhhhhhh!!!)

Heres a pic of the very bottom.....the rest of the ravine looks WAY diffrent, but its a GOOD kind of diffrent.

Attachments

• mercur1.jpg
    mercur1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 97

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Greg,
This looks really cool. We've been looking out in the West Desert area between Merker and Tooele/Dugway.

Probably best to get in touch with someone from the Utah 4 Wheel Drive Assn. to see what it takes to get some trails established.
Scott

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
i agree with going to u4wda to check legality, but i usually go directly to the agency in charge of managing the land. get the coordinates through either GPS or topographical map and hunt down the man in charge. i am a relatively direct person though so this might now be the choice of the masses!! anyway give us a heads up when you decide to 'splore so we can come 'splore wit ya!!