What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hideous 4x4

Trying to do a search for some roads to check out this spring. I type in Blue Notch rd and I come up with a million post with the word Blue and Notch and rd in it. but nothing on Blue Notch rd. What am I doing wrong?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Try your search like this, with the quotations- "Blue Notch". I left out road, since it's such a highly used word.

Using the quotations will allow the search look for the phrase you've entered, rather than searching for the words individually.

I searched as well and there are only a handful of threads about the Blue Notch road. You'll have to report back to us and help with adding more information! :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Different forums use different search settings some will search for all words in a string such as Blue and Notch and Road, showing only results with all three. Meanwhile others have it set to search for either Blue or Notch or Road, leaving you with pretty shotty results in some cases (popular words) In those case I like to use Google, however don't just search Google at large, use google to search a site

Enter this:
Blue Notch Road site:rockymountainextreme.com

It will search for all the words but only on rockymountainextreme.

Better yet put quotations around Blue Notch and only get results that have "Blue Notch" in a row, so far more accurate search results.

Enter this:
"Blue Notch" Road site:rockymountainextreme.com

Remember this won't pull up results from private sites, for example ExpeditionUtah.com (shameless plug) has a bunch of info and trip reports from Blue Notch but since you have to be a registered forum member to see it, search engines such as google won't pull it up. You'll find a lot of in depth trip reports and site information will be 'guarded' such as this, particularly when dealing with canyoneering, Native American sites, etc.

Here is a general trip report on the area that might be helpful:
http://www.expeditionutah.com/featured-reports/powell_blue_notch_2006/

Here is the Blue Notch Overlook to wet your appetite:
orig.jpg

Full trip report:
http://www.expeditionutah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201

Last edited:

Hideous 4x4

Thanks so much for the help! I will try searching that way. Looks like some great riding in that area. The last couple of years we camped off of hwy 276 by Hole in the Rock, great riding and scenery on both sides of the road there. So many great places to ride and so little time!
We were thinking of a base camp at Ducket Crossing or Gravel Crossing. I think the Piute Pass road come out at Gravel Crossing. Also looks like a lot of trails behind Fry Canyon, not sure about camping in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.