What are you listening to?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
It's for dummies, and still over my head. 😟 Anyone know of any other good books (audio) on this topic?

6 sigma.jpg

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
That seems about right. But it's all the rage right now. There's not a decent job posting in my line of work that doesn't ask for experience in it. It always makes me wonder if these companies even know anything about it. I'm a mechanic, not a statistician.

The idea of only 3.4 failures in a million attempts blows my mind.

Paul R

It's for dummies, and still over my head. 😟 Anyone know of any other good books (audio) on this topic?
I've never really been a big fan of Six Sigma, but it does have it's place. Are you already familiar with Lean? If not you may look into the Toyota Way by Jeff Liker. If you are already familiar with Lean, then I'm not sure where to start with Six Sigma, it is all about the statistics and the tools than anything else.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I've never really been a big fan of Six Sigma, but it does have it's place. Are you already familiar with Lean? If not you may look into the Toyota Way by Jeff Liker. If you are already familiar with Lean, then I'm not sure where to start with Six Sigma, it is all about the statistics and the tools than anything else.
That's kind of my take away from Sigma. It's about the statistics. My background is industrial maintenance/management and I'm casually looking for more of a full management roll in that arena. Most major companies basically want a Six Sigma Champion to run their maintenance department. I totally understand the roll of Sigma in maintenance, but I don't think the maintenance manager is the guy to run the sigma program. They need the kid from Moneyball. He was a wiz with numbers, but I doubt he could rebuild a gearbox.
I have dabbled with Lean, but I will look into the Toyota Way. Thanks.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

I've been a Townes Van Zandt fan for years, but I never got around to listening to the entire soundtrack to the documentary "Heartworn Highways"; which is a series of interviews and performances from people involved in the "Outlaw Country" scene of the '60's and '70's. Wow! What a collection of artists! Van Zandt, Guy Clark, Larry Joe Wilson, David Allan Coe, Rodney Crowell, Steve Young, Gamble Rogers, John Hiatt, Steve Earle. Back when country wasn't utter garbage to listen to.
You can find the whole album on Amazon and Spotify. Give it a spin.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I don’t often stray from TSwift and Angels & Airwaves but when I do it’s for jams like this.

“A lot of beer, a lot of girls and a lot of cursing
.22 automatic on my person
Got my hand in my pocket and my finger's on the trigger
My posse's gettin' big and my posse's gettin' bigger”

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Unbeknownst to me Huey Lewis and the News released a new album in February, "Weather". Its really more of an EP with only seven tracks and recorded prior to 2018 and Huey's hearing loss. Its pretty good!
This video is terrible, but the song is great:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Unbeknownst to me Huey Lewis and the News released a new album in February, "Weather". Its really more of an EP with only seven tracks and recorded prior to 2018 and Huey's hearing loss. Its pretty good!
This video is terrible, but the song is great:

So when are we starting the RME band?