What are you listening to?

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
I have been jamming to the new album by Dorothy, this new album is a return to the sound of her first, and holy crap did she have a wild ride with life while writing it.

Die Blaue Ziege

also been jamming out to the new Halestorm album, it has this song, which I have mixed feelings about

there have been some very interesting songs coming out of the covid era.

I was able to catch Halestorm in slc this spring and the one thing my wife said to me is Holy Crap she can sing! Lzzy has a hell of a set of pipes on her.

Die Blaue Ziege

Besides what are you listening to, how do you listen most of the time?

Streaming, CD, vinyl, etc.?
Where do you do most of you listening, car, home stereo system, headphones/buds, etc.?
we use echo devices throughout our home, but that is more for background noise, If I am going to really listen to music then I let the artist take me away by listening to the complete album from beginning to end and it is usually on vinyl. my setup is a 1960's Dual 1015, through a pioneer amp, and two Cerwin Vega speakers. I have had a lot of people comment about how much clearer music sounds on the setup vs what they are used to hearing these days, and have had some people tell me that was the first time I have ever understood what people mean by a soundstage with music.

lhracing

we use echo devices throughout our home, but that is more for background noise, If I am going to really listen to music then I let the artist take me away by listening to the complete album from beginning to end and it is usually on vinyl. my setup is a 1960's Dual 1015, through a pioneer amp, and two Cerwin Vega speakers. I have had a lot of people comment about how much clearer music sounds on the setup vs what they are used to hearing these days, and have had some people tell me that was the first time I have ever understood what people mean by a soundstage with music.

I bet your system sounds nice, the Dual turntables were top of the line back then and Cerwin Vega speakers could rock. I also listen on some vintage equipment, Technics SL-1200 turntable and various old JBL speakers. Most people today just don't know how good music sounds through a nice pair of full range speakers and some decent electronics.

Tonkaman

My wife listens to music ALL DAY LONG. the problem is that she is content to just play it from her phone. I can’t stand the tinny sound that phone speakers make while the volume is up, it makes my skin crawl!