What are you listening to?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I'll always have a special place in my heart for Kishi Bashi. My wife DM'd him on Instagram before our wedding asking if he knew anywhere we could get just the instrumentals to his song "Manchester" for her to walk down the aisle to. Rather than just getting a form response from the record label, which we expected, he replied that he was honored that we'd want to use his music and would get back to us. A couple of days later he had his producer e-mail us the instrumental track to the song and wished us well. Pretty cool.

Anyway, I'm not sure how I missed it but he released a new six song EP called "Emigrant" last year. I've been listening to that today. Great stuff with his usual mix of folk, rock, and country with richly layered lyrics. I recommend checking it out.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I’d go to more concerts if tickets were $50

That reminds me: I just made plans for our first post-honeymoon trip. I recently found out W.A.S.P. is in the middle of their 40th Anniversary Tour, and making it even more awesome, the opening act is Armored Saint. They aren't coming to Utah (of course), so I got us tickets to see them in Reno the first week of December. The tickets were $50 each (plus fees, but... still.) Needless to say, the wife and I are stoked.

Here--have an overdose of '80s awesomeness:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I've been a Yeah Yeah Yeah's fan since I first heard Maps back in 2003. They haven't released a studio album since 2013, so I had largely written them off. But I discovered today that they have a new album coming out on September 30th and they have released two singles from it:

True to form, the video's are performance art weirdness; but the music is on point. Looking forward to the full album!