What did you work on Today; Home Edition

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Sounds like it could be a pretty interesting home sandcasting project? Maybe you could 3D print a logo out if an easily melted material and do a lost wax type venture.
I 3d printed a logo for a lady that does pottery, size is a consideration if you're trying to do lost wax type stuff, I struggled to get below 3/16" letters and remain legible in the clay. If you're doing lost wax the sand grain size would probably limit you. I guess it depends on what Nate wants branded and the size desired. The plasma cut idea is probably where I'd go but size could only go so small.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I ordered one. The text is about 2" wide then I have a little square graphic that is 3/4". I should get a proof here tomorrow to see what I think about the size. I read for burning you want text to be at least .20" tall. I'm not sure what mine will end up at yet.

It's just my name in the "pacifico" font (which is cursive and actually looks really close to my actual signature) and a stylized bee.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I was introduced to a guy in lindon that does tree work on his days off from working at the deer creek dam. I went down to see what wood he had and went home with a full truck load. I paid for the honey locust ($100) and he gave me black walnut, English walnut, juniper, and a small Bradford pear crotch for free. He threw the locust on his bandsaw mill which was kind of fun.

I was hoping to get some maple but this will do for today. I need to find some time for the chainsaw now to break these down.

I was warned that if I was to take care of this guy he'd reciprocate.

20230224_145953.jpg

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
We have been trying to finish a portion of our basement so we can rent it out as a secondary income, probably an airbnb thing. Major portions have been subcontracted out. Friend and family have helped with other portions. My wife and I are doing the flooring. It is coming out pretty nice and is about half way done.
20230225_065200.jpg20230225_065138.jpg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We have been trying to finish a portion of our basement so we can rent it out as a secondary income, probably an airbnb thing. Major portions have been subcontracted out. Friend and family have helped with other portions. My wife and I are doing the flooring. It is coming out pretty nice and is about half way done.
View attachment 157322View attachment 157323
Taking note

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
That would be a handy spot to stay.

Coco

I was introduced to a guy in lindon that does tree work on his days off from working at the deer creek dam. I went down to see what wood he had and went home with a full truck load. I paid for the honey locust ($100) and he gave me black walnut, English walnut, juniper, and a small Bradford pear crotch for free. He threw the locust on his bandsaw mill which was kind of fun.

I was hoping to get some maple but this will do for today. I need to find some time for the chainsaw now to break these down.

I was warned that if I was to take care of this guy he'd reciprocate.

View attachment 157315
Yeah I really want to eventually do an epoxy table one of these days haha. Nice score!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
AirBoreNB.

Pike2350

I started tiling my shower from my long running termite bath remodel.

Found out I made an error on the framing and had to add a 2nd layer of drywall to bring the wall out past the tile.

Attachments

• 20230303_223228.jpg
    20230303_223228.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Attach104447_20230305_205143.jpg
    Attach104447_20230305_205143.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Attach104448_20230305_205152.jpg
    Attach104448_20230305_205152.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Attach104449_20230305_205232.jpg
    Attach104449_20230305_205232.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 22

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
After going through the bottom of a cherry bowl earlier in the week I finished up another one to give to a man that has really helped me a lot over the years. I was all excited to use my new brand but when I attempted to burn it on only about 1/3 of it contacted the bottom. I had dished the base to make sure it would sit flush on a table. I'm going to have to adjust how I do the bottoms of the bowls from here on I guess now that I've got the brand. I had to power sand away what had burned into the bowl. Either way it turned out good and I was excited to give it to my friend.

Cherry, about 13" wide and 4" deep.
20230304_134501.jpg
20230304_134451.jpg