What did you work on Today; Home Edition

Tonkaman

My parents bought a house in Fish Haven, ID this spring. I have been up there a fair bit working to get it ready for all the summer rentals that were already booked.

Started Memorial Weekend installing a septic riser. The access hole was 36" below grade and the main septic pumping company up there had no record of it ever being pumped since they started in 2005. The house was built in 2003, so it is possible it was never done. A few weekends prior we hand dug to the tank, then 2 weeks before Memorial we rented an excavator to find the access hatch. Septic was pumped...but they don't do risers, and the company they referred was booked out until late June.

Here I go.
Installed a Tuf-Tite system (I believe that's what it's called. Bought all parts on Amazon) Secured to tank with Butyl tape and tap cons.

View attachment 149665
View attachment 149666

I only ended up going with 2) 12" & 1) 6" riser. The tank has a sloped grade and while it was 42" down on the high side, it was only about 28" down on the low side.

Then i back filled the whole thing by hand. What a PIA. The equipment rental place in Garden City wouldn't let me pick up their mini ex with my Ecoboost and charged $75 delivery and another $75 pick up fee...on top of the rental fee of 24 hours. Even though I would only need it for 1-2 hours. Montepilier would've been an option, but by the time I was so tired, the drive there and back would've made it not really worth it.

View attachment 149667

This last weekend I started drywalling in the bathroom I've been dealing with for a few months (termite damage) My wife wanted to hide a note for any future homeowner/remodeler that goes into the wall. She also had me put a pic of the family and some cash (not sure why, but whatever)

View attachment 149668

I pinned it so you can see it from either side of the wall.
The house I grew up in had an old metal milk can buried in the lawn. It was the redneck version of a riser, they just cut the bottom out of the can and shoved it over the old hatch hole.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Vehicle tires: 25
Trailer Tires: 29
Motorcycle tires/UTV: 16
Miscellaneous stacks of ‘extra’ tires: 13

83😳

I just realized I am an environmental hazard 🤣

Obviously that does not include riding lawnmower, bicycles, scooters, RC cars, etc.
If I count stacks of motorcycle tires I am easily over 120.

Motorcycles-8
SXS -8
Motorhome -10
Vehicles -28
Trailers-12
Random vehicle and SXS -20
Golf cart -4

I need to get rid of some stuff

moab_cj5

Premium Member
Supporting Member
Let's see:
Bikes: 12
Scooters: 8
ATV/Motorcycle: 6
Cars: 20
Trailers: 8
Total: 54

Doesn't count riding lawn mower, wiggle cars, or hoverboards, rc cars, etc.

xj_nate

Doctor, economist, polical expert, poser
Agreed, I didn't count a bunch of mower/lawn/other kids stuff. Depressing. I'm ready to re look at the minimalist thread again.
I have a co-worker that just has two SUV's between him and his wife. Not even a truck. If he gets a flat tire he calls AAA and all maintenance is done at the dealership. My natural instinct is to cringe at his lack of masculinity but sometimes I wonder if he's right and I'm wrong :rofl:

Then I think about how bored his young children must be and the legacy he's leaving for them and I feel better. They've never even been camping. Onward on the path of too many tires for the time being!

ID Bronco

I have a co-worker that just has two SUV's between him and his wife. Not even a truck. If he gets a flat tire he calls AAA and all maintenance is done at the dealership. My natural instinct is to cringe at his lack of masculinity but sometimes I wonder if he's right and I'm wrong :rofl:

Then I think about how bored his young children must be and the legacy he's leaving for them and I feel better. They've never even been camping. Onward on the path of too many tires for the time being!
Agreed, All of the vehicles/toys help with some fun, but I think I need to downsize and buy less nicer stuff instead.

glockman

I hate Jeeps
Vehicles 18
Bikes 8
Scooters 4
Motorcycles 12 on bikes, more on the wall rack to be swapped in if needed.
ATV's 8
Trailers 15
Total 65

I will add that my wife HATES tires. The last 2 times I've replaced the tires on my truck she said "we already put tires on the truck" As if they aren't a consumable.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Trying to get some sprinklers put back in after we ripped up a bunch of line.
I have a hard time trying to balance the ‘get it done’ and ‘teach a boy to work’ aspects.
My son and his buddy have been digging for an hour or so, and have done about 10 minutes of my work load. But they are laughing and having a good time. And truth be told, I think the buddy comes from the kind of home that doesn’t even own a shovel. So it’s probably good to be letting them do it all.

C37743C4-0A7C-42F8-99AD-AAA702670ABB.jpeg