General Tech What did you work on Today?

Pike2350

With more time then money right now I started some spring yard work by cutting down a 30-40' tree that was in the way of the on-hold garage project.

I was pulling the "don't try this at home" setup with a ladder on my roof while borrowing a pole chainsaw to top as much as I could before cutting the bigget stem branch.

I only did a little damage to the house when a big branch came down on the covered patio...ripping the gutter partially off.
20200317_195711.jpg20200322_160743.jpg

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com

glockman

I hate Jeeps
I’m so anal about every bolt going back into its exact hole that wouldn’t bother me
They don't fit in any hole but the one. There were literally 8 or 9 different lengths by just enough they would bottom out or wouldn't catch more than a couple threads.

Tonkaman

So this isn’t exactly what I did today, but it’s the best I can do.

1F477809-A47B-4B13-88F2-68F8B1EF2372.jpeg30B95977-0F4D-46D4-8B07-448018774D8C.jpegE19F5C7B-6DAA-496E-BF19-9BEFAAE93396.jpeg

I layed out and ordered every piece in this room 4 months ago. This was all done in my head and chalk lines that I put on the floor. Every piece is cut to length and welded at a fab shop, based off of my dimensions. It always stressful to order $100k worth of stuff that could be wrong if I fudge 1 dimension.

The guys at work put it all together and happily reported that it fit like a glove!

Hickey

Rusty Girdle
Supporting Member

View attachment 125917View attachment 125918View attachment 125919

I layed out and ordered every piece in this room 4 months ago. This was all done in my head and chalk lines that I put on the floor. Every piece is cut to length and welded at a fab shop, based off of my dimensions. It always stressful to order $100k worth of stuff that could be wrong if I fudge 1 dimension.

The guys at work put it all together and happily reported that it fit like a glove!
It's satisfying to behold. I'm impressed.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead

View attachment 125917View attachment 125918View attachment 125919

Nice job and nicely laid out. We have several fire suppression rooms and working on one that wasn't laid out as clean as yours is a PITA.

Mike