General Tech What did you work on Today?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
2E5F9CBE-D415-4361-B49B-17046E8F8065.jpegB5FE8FDA-1C04-4BDE-AA33-1E7FB3B35165.jpeg

I need to paint the door frame light gray or something?

C2AA8D71-99B2-49BF-82A0-04AD78C1CB01.jpeg39893EB7-2D6B-48FD-8107-CF91A7749963.jpeg

“Finished” up this room today. It’s been termed the dungeon so I kind of went with the theme a little. I need to figure out something for the fancy door?

I need to clean off some Sheetrock mud/debris from the concrete. Cool kids just start with soap/water and a scrubbing brush?

Last edited:

Tonkaman

00FF25F6-B611-4589-AA26-B131D5D0FEEC.jpeg
I’ve been really trying hard to free up wasted space in the shop. With my chemical cabinet complete I could finally use the other cabinet. I’ll use thus one to hold bigger tools that need to stay locked up but don’t fit in my toolboxes.

I also built a simple storage rack for spare tires. It’s just 1” pipe run through their centers
AB0BB330-7572-4CA1-9B97-FFC36C6BAA9C.jpeg

mbryson

Supporting Member
View attachment 126494
I’ve been really trying hard to free up wasted space in the shop. With my chemical cabinet complete I could finally use the other cabinet. I’ll use thus one to hold bigger tools that need to stay locked up but don’t fit in my toolboxes.

I also built a simple storage rack for spare tires. It’s just 1” pipe run through their centers
View attachment 126495

Where do you keep sourcing the cool metal cabinets from?

XJEEPER

View attachment 126490View attachment 126491

I need to paint the door frame light gray or something?

View attachment 126492View attachment 126493

“Finished” up this room today. It’s been termed the dungeon so I kind of went with the theme a little. I need to figure out something for the fancy door?

I need to clean off some Sheetrock mud/debris from the concrete. Cool kids just start with soap/water and a scrubbing brush?
Soap, water, soak, scrub, shop-vac. Repeat until clean. Do you plan on an epoxy or floor stain treatment?

mbryson

Supporting Member
Soap, water, soak, scrub, shop-vac. Repeat until clean. Do you plan on an epoxy or floor stain treatment?

I'm not sure what I'm planning for the floor? It's "complete" for our upcoming appraisal and gives us another 120' of value. I like the idea of the epoxy or stained floor but I'm really leaning towards horse trailer mats of all things. :D Cushiony and easy to clean up. Something similar to a weight room floor/yoga studio?

I've got a yard/garage to get together that will take precedence over the dungeon. This room will get MUCH more attention but it'll be a while. I can move my junk in there and get setup a bit and then work on improvements from there.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I've been working on a 9-year refresh of my plasma table. The bottom of the water tray has gotten all rusty and leaky the last couple years. so I had to do something about it.

I didn't get any "before" pics, but here's after drying out most of the water, removing half the slats and shoveling out the dross. It's basically mud, but heavy because it's all steel.

I removed 8 or 9 5-gallon buckets worth of junk total. Got to this: If you look closely, you can see rust holes here and there. :oops:

Test-fit half of the new water tray I had bent up:

And naturally I mis-measured when I ordered the bent parts, so I got to grind 1/8" off the entire edge. But now it fits in. Not shown here, but I welded the two halves together, so I'm now ready for new slat supports and slats. :cool:

XJEEPER

I've been working on a 9-year refresh of my plasma table. The bottom of the water tray has gotten all rusty and leaky the last couple years. so I had to do something about it.

I didn't get any "before" pics, but here's after drying out most of the water, removing half the slats and shoveling out the dross. It's basically mud, but heavy because it's all steel.

I removed 8 or 9 5-gallon buckets worth of junk total. Got to this: If you look closely, you can see rust holes here and there. :oops:

Test-fit half of the new water tray I had bent up:

And naturally I mis-measured when I ordered the bent parts, so I got to grind 1/8" off the entire edge. But now it fits in. Not shown here, but I welded the two halves together, so I'm now ready for new slat supports and slats. :cool:

Carl, where did you source the bent steel from? I have a project that I need to complete.......

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Would adding some kind of epoxy liner add life to the steel water tray?

Probably. I used POR-15 on the old one and it lasted several hours before it peeled up and was useless. :rolleyes: The biggest change is that the original bottom was 14ga, and the new is 1/8". So I expect it to last another 10 years without problems--and by that time, the rest of the setup will be completely obsolete, if it even works by then.

Carl, where did you source the bent steel from? I have a project that I need to complete.......

Kingdon Sheet Metal.

Dang, is that little old pc still running it too!? I'm surprised that thing has lasted. Not to jinx it or anything haha

Still going! I still have a backup PC for it, but I STILL haven't installed the relevant programs on it to make it functional. I've been meaning to, for approximately 9 years though. :D

This one won't shut down Windows when I tell it to, but otherwise seems to be OK. 🤷‍♀️

Gawynz

This project has been on the back burner for a bit and I finally checked it off the list the last week or so.

I bought a 2005 CRF450R when I got out of college, I've rode this bike quite a lot and had a blast with it; throughout the years I've added upgrades here and there. A couple years ago I came across a really clean 2008 CRF450R for a good price. These two bikes are the same generation (small improvements to the 2008) so all my trick parts transfer over. I rebuilt the top end of the 2008, checked the bottom end out, cleaned/re-jetted the carb, added new chain/sprockets, braided brake lines, rebuilt the forks, and transferred all the aftermarket goodies from the 2005 (rekluse, exhaust, steering stabilizer, pegs, skid, bars, etc.). Took the bike out last Saturday and it ran great; rode around 5 Mile Pass just exploring the area as I've only been there once before. Need to get some new tires/tubes for the 2008, maybe add/tweak a few other little things. Plan to get the 2005 put back together and running good and then sell it.

20200330_154054.jpg

20200406_191613.jpg

20200410_162759.jpg

20200410_162806.jpg

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Before the hate train comes down on me for that sticker. It predates my time with Cruiser Outfitters, they were made as best I can decipher in the 95/96 era? Things were different back then, certainly less PC but also Land Cruisers were the red-headed step child (also not PC) and Cruiser guys had to get their jabs in when/where they could. Fast forward a few decades and I'm glad there are Cruisers, and Jeeps, and Broncos, and Nissans, etc... Life and this hobby, sport, lifestyle, industry, whatever would be super lame if we didn't have so many neat options to build and be unique.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Before the hate train comes down on me for that sticker. It predates my time with Cruiser Outfitters, they were made as best I can decipher in the 95/96 era? Things were different back then, certainly less PC but also Land Cruisers were the red-headed step child (also not PC) and Cruiser guys had to get their jabs in when/where they could. Fast forward a few decades and I'm glad there are Cruisers, and Jeeps, and Broncos, and Nissans, etc... Life and this hobby, sport, lifestyle, industry, whatever would be super lame if we didn't have so many neat options to build and be unique.

I'd fly that sticker on my "jeep" buggy. :D

People are too sensitive about what they drive, it's sad you had to even make this follow up post.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

The sticker is accurate AF.

This is a convo I had earlier:

0680EBB3-4190-4BD3-86D8-17FCD14D48FC.jpeg