General Tech What did you work on Today?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Sorry, I wasn't trying to nit-pick. I just noticed it and would hate to see a failure while on the road.

Mike

No apology needed. I was being serious. I didn’t even notice that while I was there. You’ve got a very keen eye for doing things the right way. I’m still trying to learn to pay more attention to details.

A cool part of this community is that this kind of exchange happens a lot. A simple, sincere, courtesy explanation and the ability accept an apology with grace.

Kudos Gentlemen thanks for watching out for each other and being part of what makes RME a cool place. :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I forgot to update you guys on the "Freedom Pool".

I forgot to take a picture of it, but if you look close on the left side of this picture you can see some black tubing on the ground. We created a radiator by laying out 150' of 1" black poly tubing on the gravel and pumped the pool water through it. This made the pool pretty damn comfortable by mid day.
1AC76849-A1AC-4E4C-A448-8B3E86E9BF1B.jpeg

It's pretty easy to get burned at 7,000' above sea level, as shown by Coreshot.

A8C73C95-779D-4174-BE1D-45E70CEA88C3.jpeg

After the patriots were done celebrating we pumped the water out of the trailer onto the scrub oak.

3D52304C-CDDC-4017-8D8F-E6C54F2F6F9F.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Where’d you get Sasquatch? What does the beanie say? America? Does the dog always wear necklaces? I have so many questions. You guys look like my kind of people.
A friend gave Cory the Sasquatch. He was an extra in our BeWilder commercials. The beanie does say America. The dog "Ellie Bean" doesn't wear necklaces often, but has one HUGE nipple always showing. I guess it reminded someone of Mardi Gras.

79516212-9864-42A1-B862-18A5C8D5965A.jpeg

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I finally took the time to install a rear view camera in my Jeep. It's getting pretty inexpensive these days to do it yourself, so I've been planning for this since before I built my rear bumper.
View attachment 128804View attachment 128805

I need to do this. My head unit has the capability and came with a camera, I just haven't hooked it up yet.

Lori's hat... :rofl:

Jesser04

A friend gave Cory the Sasquatch. He was an extra in our BeWilder commercials. The beanie does say America. The dog "Ellie Bean" doesn't wear necklaces often, but has one HUGE nipple always showing. I guess it reminded someone of Mardi Gras.

View attachment 128893

Whoa whoa you guys made bewilder commercials? Is the big nippled dog in them too? Link? You guys remind me of the kind of person I want to be but my wife won’t let me be.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
@benjy posted a link about a year ago about utilizing our front yards more, and it struck a nerve with me, especially because our back yard is full sun in the evening, and is especially hot. We decided to build a deck for chairs and a fire pit to give us a fun hang out spot.
I can’t believe how hard it is to actually get work done because so many people stop to chat while we are out there.. which I guess WAS the whole point after all. We made some good progress last night, and I think we will be picking up the trex this morning.

252C7CAA-F1D9-4354-A839-3F6DD61B1A12.jpeg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I think I saw Sasquatch cutouts like that at mill Creek Gardens. Maybe call first or stop by if your close.

@jeeper I think one reason we have a really good circle is because a lot of us hang out in front of our houses in the evening. Someone is out every night which gets the other neighbors out to chat as well.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
@jeeper I think one reason we have a really good circle is because a lot of us hang out in front of our houses in the evening. Someone is out every night which gets the other neighbors out to chat as well.
I had that same experience in my first house, also in a Cul-de-sac. We made life-long friends right after moving in.
My current house has not been nearly as neighborly. It's not on a cul-de-sac, but the economy crashed shortly after we bought it and we're surrounded by empty homes and shitty renters for several years. It's been getting a lot better over the past few years.

Pike2350

Today I suffered through the heat to finally clean up the back garage area of my duplex in Sugarhouse. When I got there the front driveways were also looking very weedy. I didn't take any pics of front...but I spent the majority if time there.

I ran out of steam so it's not quite as cleaned up as I would like...plus I forgot the blower attachment to my trimmer.

Attachments

• 20200711_124339.jpg
    20200711_124339.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200711_133921.jpg
    20200711_133921.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 43

Tonkaman

@benjy posted a link about a year ago about utilizing our front yards more, and it struck a nerve with me, especially because our back yard is full sun in the evening, and is especially hot. We decided to build a deck for chairs and a fire pit to give us a fun hang out spot.
I can’t believe how hard it is to actually get work done because so many people stop to chat while we are out there.. which I guess WAS the whole point after all. We made some good progress last night, and I think we will be picking up the trex this morning.

View attachment 128924
Looks great! Good choice on using Trex instead of wood.

Im curious why didn’t you raise the deck up so that the trex will finish flush with the concrete patio?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Today I suffered through the heat to finally clean up the back garage area of my duplex in Sugarhouse. When I got there the front driveways were also looking very weedy. I didn't take any pics of front...but I spent the majority if time there.

I ran out of steam so it's not quite as cleaned up as I would like...plus I forgot the blower attachment to my trimmer.

Impressive change! Well done

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Im curious why didn’t you raise the deck up so that the trex will finish flush with the concrete patio?

The front yard slopes just a little bit so at the porch level the deck sitting nearly on the ground out at the front of the deck it is about 18 inches high. When we had the deck at the same height as the porch it ended up being about 24 inches high at the edge of the deck and looked odd to us. This way the decks sits a little bit lower for safety and visual appeal. We won’t have any railings, so lower seemed better.