General Tech What did you work on Today?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Trailer parts:
View attachment 135354

It was probably time to replace them several years ago. 😳

View attachment 135355

My trailer sits taller now.... probably over 1".

That's funny, I just ordered the same thing for my camper. @zmotorsports was able to pick out how bad they were when I posted my lift kit photos. It's only been another year... so I guess it's time to do them. Who knows, I might even get crazy and pack the bearings for the fist time since I have owned the trailer.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
That's funny, I just ordered the same thing for my camper. @zmotorsports was able to pick out how bad they were when I posted my lift kit photos. It's only been another year... so I guess it's time to do them. Who knows, I might even get crazy and pack the bearings for the fist time since I have owned the trailer.
Why bother? My dad hasn't done that to his Big Tex Utility trailer since he bought it... In 1983. 😬

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
After 3 years of sitting on a shelf. I installed most of my rapid air garage compressor system. Waiting on a T and 2 more 90s to complete it.
View attachment 135367
Also tucked the compressor back in the corner better and changed the oil in it.
View attachment 135368
This is another project I should have done years ago.

You're going to love the new air lines.

I used the Aircom system which is basically the exact same thing just marketed differently. I went with the Aircom because my local Maddox Compressor carried them and I figured if I needed a single fitting or something they would have it readily available.

Did you use the 1"/25mm tubing? If so, I think I may have a few fittings left over that you could have. Let me know and I can look tonight when I get home.

Mike

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
You're going to love the new air lines.

I used the Aircom system which is basically the exact same thing just marketed differently. I went with the Aircom because my local Maddox Compressor carried them and I figured if I needed a single fitting or something they would have it readily available.

Did you use the 1"/25mm tubing? If so, I think I may have a few fittings left over that you could have. Let me know and I can look tonight when I get home.

Mike
I already love it and have only used it to blow the bench and the press off.
Mine is 1/2". I don't use a ton of rotary air tools and my compressor is around10 CFM. The convenience of not dragging a 50 ft hose out to reach the front of the shop is awesome.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I really wanted to ditch out today and go with everybody for Britney’s maiden voyage. However the nice weather has made me really want to get going on the next phase of the garage so I spent the day making a chess board. Hopefully weather holds and it gets poured in the next 2 weeks 76F3611C-71B9-4BFA-B55F-786884B6F29C.jpeg

The Yota

A couple days ago @ID Bronco and I went and flexed out the old runner to measure for shocks! I was pleasantly surprised at how much clearance I have!

Attachments

• 20210306_160359.jpg
    20210306_160359.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Resized_20210307_161441.jpg
    Resized_20210307_161441.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210306_160328.jpg
    20210306_160328.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Resized_20210307_161536.jpg
    Resized_20210307_161536.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 7

Gawynz

Low budget bass boat is coming together. Need to clean up the deck pieces, epoxy seal the wood, paint, then glue/staple on the carpet. About to start the electrical wiring for the trolling motor, starter, bilge, livewell, lights, fish finder, etc. Under the front deck will be three group 27 deep cycle batteries and an onboard charger, with plenty of room to store other stuff.

20210228_142258.jpg

20210206_142601.jpg

Ordered a new lead-in air hose from Dewalt, went to hook it up and noticed it seemed very restricted... Pulled ends off and compared it to my Flexeel hose and wow, major difference.
Seems pretty silly to have a 1/2” ID hose with 1/2” fittings only to restrict down to 1/4” at the hose connections... didn’t expect that from Dewalt.
Anyway, who’s got hose recommendations? I really like the Flexeel, but they’re not inexpensive by any stretch.... they sell reusable ends at about $16ea, a 6’ whip from them is $75

Attachments

• 6EA9E8C7-55A3-4A7C-898B-19FE1F0298C5.jpeg
    6EA9E8C7-55A3-4A7C-898B-19FE1F0298C5.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 22

4x4_Welder

I pulled the left side cat off my ecoboost to check for clogging, and yeah. Upper brick was split and flipped sideways, lower brick was clogged with the debris. It had only given an occasional P0430 but if you got on it the whole left bank would misfire and shut down. So now with no bricks, it hauls ass and gets way better mileage.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Anyone have a short piece of steel tube with a heavy wall and 1”-1.25” ID? I need like a 4” piece. Any OD works but the heavier the wall, the better.

I just can’t bring myself to drill a hole in some solid bar stock that I have for this specific piece.
I have tons of 1.5” .25 wall

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Anyone have a short piece of steel tube with a heavy wall and 1”-1.25” ID? I need like a 4” piece. Any OD works but the heavier the wall, the better.

I just can’t bring myself to drill a hole in some solid bar stock that I have for this specific piece.
I have some 3/4" ID X 1.25" OD