General Tech What did you work on Today?

Gawynz

Weekend progress.

Before I covered up the wiring harness I pushed it outside and ran everything to make sure it didn't burst into flames, everything worked great. The 25hp 2-smoke is kind of cool but also kind of annoyingly loud.
20230521_092238.jpg

Got the batteries all hooked up and charging, need to clean up the wiring a bit but it all works. The two batteries on the left run the 24V trolling motor, the thing is way overkill for this boat but I got a great deal on it, the charger, and the batteries off KSL; it was on a pontoon boat so I had to cut it down as it was way too tall. The third battery runs everything else.
20230521_222640.jpg

Fuel tank, and all the pumps mounted, poured/stuffed foam in all the voids under the deck, rear deck nearly done.
20230522_101842.jpg

20230522_101951.jpg

Lower deck is getting the last coat of epoxy tonight, I'm tired of epoxy...

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
Fuel tank swap time. Only reasoning being I know the fuel tank from my parts jeep has lower mile and the pump assembly was replaced not too long before the motor seized. Just gotta extend the filler neck breather hose and it's in.

20230522_212622.jpg

Also had to get two broken bolts out. Cory showed me a new way with welding a washer as a base to weld the nut to. Puts in more heat etc pulled out nicely

20230522_212637.jpg

Attachments

• 20230522_212809.jpg
    20230522_212809.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 10

Gawynz

Getting close. A couple more carpeted hatches (for keys, phones and stuff) a live well, a few final screws and we'll be on the water. My sister-in-law is going to help me out with some graphics, I'm 95% settled on the name "Fatty Whacker" (open to suggestions), and part of me is thinking I should get a school of seahorses that run down the side of the boat that pop in and out of the water as you cruise... we'll see.

This is an offroad forum and boats are technically off road, but more to the point you can all see the buggy is loaded up and ready to roll, anyone want to plan a buggy trip to Sand Hollow or Moab in the near future?

20230522_161844.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
After borking this new tire a few weeks ago, I had a few people tell me that GlueTread works quite well. I ordered an off-road sidewall repair kit from them to see if it works well enough to keep this tire around as a spare.

IMG_5472.jpeg

Borked tire.

IMG_5470.jpegIMG_5471.jpeg

Sanded smooth-ish.

IMG_5473.jpeg

Stickied

IMG_5474.jpeg

They suggest you bevel the edges of the patches to make them glide smoother over catchy stuff.

Beveled and cleaned.

IMG_5476.jpegIMG_5478.jpeg

The glue is some wicked fast and strong super-glue. Don’t pick your nose.

IMG_5475.jpeg

The_Lobbster

After borking this new tire a few weeks ago, I had a few people tell me that GlueTread works quite well. I ordered an off-road sidewall repair kit from them to see if it works well enough to keep this tire around as a spare.

View attachment 160207

Borked tire.

View attachment 160205View attachment 160206

Sanded smooth-ish.

View attachment 160208

Stickied

View attachment 160209

They suggest you bevel the edges of the patches to make them glide smoother over catchy stuff.

Beveled and cleaned.

View attachment 160210View attachment 160211

View attachment 160212
If that’s punctured all the way through, I wonder how well it would work to patch on the inside too?

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Started the first step of converting my truck back to a dually. A while back I bought this donor truck that had the flat bed and dually wheel. I purchased new tires and had them installed today and converted back to the dually hubs in the front. Plan on taking it to Delta like this then will start working on removing beds and getting them switched over. I also replaced the drums and pads as well as the springs on the drum brakes. I hate drum brakes and all those springs. We have never been friends. 20230523_083347.jpg20230523_155852.jpg20230420_151513.jpg20230523_155901.jpg

Tonkaman

View attachment 160207

Borked tire.

Sanded smooth-ish.

View attachment 160208

Stickied

View attachment 160209

Beveled and cleaned.

View attachment 160212
Glad to hear you approve. I’ve had one of those in my recovery gear for about a year now. That’s been my 1st line of defense against carrying a full size spare.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Glad to hear you approve. I’ve had one of those in my recovery gear for about a year now. That’s been my 1st line of defense against carrying a full size spare.
I should mention that I think it’s worth the time/effort to pull the wheel and tire off the rig and lay it flat on the ground to perform the repair. The glue is quite thin/runny. I tried to make the dots as small as possible, but about 10% of them ran. I had the tire/wheel laying at a 45 degree angle.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I should mention that I think it’s worth the time/effort to pull the wheel and tire off the rig and lay it flat on the ground to perform the repair. The glue is quite thin/runny. I tried to make the dots as small as possible, but about 10% of them ran. I had the tire/wheel laying at a 45 degree angle.
Ordering this for the Jeep and SXS

ID Bronco

View attachment 160207

Borked tire.

Sanded smooth-ish.

View attachment 160208

Stickied

View attachment 160209

Beveled and cleaned.

View attachment 160212
I think it's funny they use a Patagonia tire in their marketing. That seems fitting. Great product, I'm going to add it to my arsenal