General Tech What did you work on Today?

STAG

On my grind
Built some cheap and simple retaining bars to keep my buddy's RZR on his trailer in case of strap failure. These are about 85% done. Still need to chop off the tips of the rectangle pocket stakes and cap them, and skin the sides so he can throw firewood in underneath the RZR. A trapezoid tongue tool box is getting built for the tongue and to tie everything together.

image_zps59009e6e.jpg

image_zpsec43ebe6.jpg

OB1

Finally got around to changing the diff fluids in my 07 JKU Rubi and noticed my steering gear box is leaking out the bottom. :mad: Was expecting it since it does have over 114k on it with 4" lift and 35" KM2"s.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
got my switches all wired up, with relays, so they ready for the installation of my "Led rock lights" and also wired up and mounted my hella lights. still have my dang radio to figure out, and my stupid cb that keeps coming through my speakers everytime I talk on the cb.. grrrr...

airmanwilliams

got my switches all wired up, with relays, so they ready for the installation of my "Led rock lights" and also wired up and mounted my hella lights. still have my dang radio to figure out, and my stupid cb that keeps coming through my speakers everytime I talk on the cb.. grrrr...
Only a couple more days to button things down

STAG

On my grind
Made a spare tire carrier for the back of the trailer, also I added the receiver hitch that is holding the cargo holder, but that part wasn't today.
image_zps057841ed.jpg

image_zps85f5d313.jpg

also, I really, really need a plasma table.
image_zps0c09bc19.jpg

image_zps0654b18e.jpg

image_zpsc56f879a.jpg

and I also really, really need a water cooled torch for my TIG. And more skills with mild steel lol. This is my first time TIG'ing mild steel, I would rather TIG aluminum all day rather than mild steel.

finished welding
image_zps10ca29f0.jpg

Last edited:

Jeremed

I finally cut and ground out the stock perchs on my Dana 60 and put some new perch's on and made a new mount for my hydro assist.axle2.JPGaxle3.JPGaxle1.JPG

dash

i put 32x11.50 km2s on my xj and took out the rear sway bar and fixed the front sway bar links....i just need to trim rear fenders now

B2-Bomber

i stink like welding/grinding from working on my 3rd gen front clip swap, with tubular inner fenders
The hood is on, the fender sheet-metal work is done, and no i just need to use body-filler, and paint it. you'll notice that i opened up the arch of the fender so i would have a good factory wheel arch, that still clears my tires when they are turned. i think it is better than cutting the fenders
2B649CB6-orig_zpse1908c8c.jpg

90C051DA-orig_zps5ae186ab.jpg

104E34A7-orig_zps7597711b.jpg

for lightness, and availability i went with lighter duty tube than DOM, man my cell phone's camera lense is scratched to hell so these are pretty blurry
you can't see it from this pic but i notched out the tube so it sat flat against the square plate, which gave me a better surface to weld to:
IMG_20130414_114104_zps7faa250a.jpg

just notched the pipes together, and gusseted the corners:
IMG_20130414_123705_zps77dafb85.jpg

IMG_20130414_123712_zps730f45e8.jpg

i built up platforms matching the curvature of the fenders, for the fenders to bolt to:
IMG_20130414_151215_zps92cc78fa.jpg

IMG_20130414_151916_zps82e0053f.jpg

added in some diagonals down to the firewall, attaching at the same point the stock inner fenders did:
IMG_20130414_200432_zpsb94f807a.jpg

IMG_20130414_200406_zpsff6dbde7.jpg

NO HOOD PINS WILL NE NEEDED for this project (sorry rico), the hood opens, closes, and latches just like stock
the explorer hood latch is actually identical to the bronco II latch. but i just used the entire header panel bracket that holds the latch. it also holds the header panel so it made sense to just use the bracket, instead of making it all from scratch.
IMG_20130418_004018_zps5bb55db5.jpg

as you can see the new (shorter) radiator is also roughly mounted

Last edited:

OB1

Recieved my AEV ProCal custom programmer in the mail yesterday so today I went out and programmed the JK's speedo for the 35" KM2's (which are 33.75" at ride height on the jeep) and took it for a drive. The speedo is spot on with the garmin now. Then got rid of that flashing sway-bar light since I switched out the electronic disconnect for a EVO manual disconnect.