General Tech What did you work on Today?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I made a chip pan for my lathe. This particular lathe comes in 4 bed lengths. Mine is the longest and they did not come with one with this length. I tried to make look oemish.

Nice work, I'd love to see pics of how you rolled the edges...

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
great idea, gets it done stiffening up the edges. I've used rail of 1/4 rod as tie down points for a hitch platform carrier thing. Worked well.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
'
Any idea on price?
'spensive :oops:

There's a ton of variables (mainly engineering variables) but this wall is on the cheaper end because it's just a "gravity wall" meaning there's no further support tied into the dirt behind the block to help hold the block. The only thing that holds the block on this job is the weight of the block itself (which is oodles)

But they can range from ~$20-$30/sq ft of wall face. That would include material and labor (block, gravel, excavation, install etc)

IMG_8254.PNG

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I made these side tables a couple years ago but my wife has never liked that I finished them with bedliner (too hard to dust or clean) so today I sanded them down and repainted in gloss black. The tables are made to accept 12x24 or 6x24 ceramic tiles that just drop in. The bottom shelves have two tiles stacked for ballast. The leveling feet threaded into plastic sleeves that were pressed into the bottom of the leg but the plastic broke so I welded on some T-nuts to replace them.

20180721_131457.jpg

Back in place
20180722_080326.jpg

Last edited:

Scottfunk

20180719_135034.jpg
My wife picked up a set of tires at a local auction house. Believe it or not they didn't even post the size in the listing, she just "had a feeling" about them. They were roughly 2 inches taller and 2 inches wider than the old ones and look to be about 70 percent tread remaining. $ 13! I was up until 1 o'clock Thursday morning swapping them out. Needless to say I have mastered the art of unbeading and swapping tires by hand. "Aww jeez honey, I love the new tires but unfortunately they bog my truck down just a bit. I think I need to regear the rear end." Next project: 4.10's for the Dana 70 rear.