General Tech What did you work on Today?

I really like this design. Please report back on how it works for you and if you would make any changes. I've been contemplating a similar design, except with all the front wheels turned the same way.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I really like this design. Please report back on how it works for you and if you would make any changes. I've been contemplating a similar design, except with all the front wheels turned the same way.
This is my second one. Improved on it a bunch from my first. Sold my first one. Wheels are turned away from each other so you can load bikes and still have rear view mirror access. I used chain links and ball bungee to secure bottom tires. The middle 3 mounts are a little higher then the edge ones to allow for a bigger bike I ride compared to a smaller bike of my kids. This will hold 5 bikes total if needed.

pkrfctr

This is my second one. Improved on it a bunch from my first. Sold my first one. Wheels are turned away from each other so you can load bikes and still have rear view mirror access. I used chain links and ball bungee to secure bottom tires. The middle 3 mounts are a little higher then the edge ones to allow for a bigger bike I ride compared to a smaller bike of my kids. This will hold 5 bikes total if needed.
Looks awesome! Aren't you grounded from riding though?

DAA

The LJ has developed an irritating vibration at idle. Was hoping this would cure it yesterday.

20190315_Comb%20Ridge-1W.jpg

But it didn't help. Motor mounts, I saved the old ones, they were actually in pretty good shape. Trans mount, second time replacing it and it did need it again. Vibration still there though.

Also pulled the Swayloc apart and cleaned and greased it. Just because I hadn't ever done it. It needed it.

Wire wheeled some surface rust on the frame and gave it a fresh shot of chassis black.

Also had a CEL for low coolant temp. Figured the thermostat was probably stuck open so put a new one in and decided to toss in a new temp sensor while I was at it. Gauge says it's running a few degrees warmer now, so thinking the CEL will clear itself soon.

Have had a RMS leak for quite awhile. Parts sitting here for it. Not going to mess with it today though and it will be a few more weeks before I'll have a chance. There is a rattling kind of noise under low RPM heavy load that seems to be associated with the vibe, Google search found some mentions of pilot bearing for my symptoms. I'm far, far from confident that is actually even related, but I might pull the transmission and do a clutch inspection at the same time I replace the rear main seal - ought to make for a fun weekend :rolleyes:.

- DAA

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Machined an idler pulley for my LS engine last night.

Nice i want to machine some, I have two idlers on my ls. I wish i had a place locally that would sell you decent drops of aluminum like that. I have to ebay those kind of things. Im Jelly of the six jaw.

Some of my nonsense from the weekend. Decking a cylinder jug

3/8 aluminum production.

Replace a c pillar on this race canned ham now. They sheared a upper a arm bolt at the mint400 and tumbled it at speed. I really only bent the d/s c pillar and The obvious knuckle damage. Not too bad really.

4x4_Welder

Not really 4x4 related, but had to change a valve spring in a 2017 Ford V10. I've never seen one of these break a spring before, it only has 50k on it.

Attachments

• KIMG0222.jpg
    KIMG0222.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 20
  • KIMG0210.jpg
    KIMG0210.jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 21

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Decided to wait a few days before EJS to swap my transmission out. :eek: My wife does not understand why I wait until the last minute, I try to tell her it adds to the excitement of our favorite trip of the year. Also if you will notice the sweet homemade transmission jack I have made to assist in this little project :)

Last edited:

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
My son came home from work week before last saying his Duramax was starting to haze a bit at idle. After a few tests and diagnosing we determined injectors were in need of being replaced, at least two of them anyways but on an LB7 it's not worth going in that deep and only doing a partial injector replacement. At least not in my opinion.

Injectors arrived last week so started on Friday evening.
b1e64570f8fecbc7b77f2c46169f0e42.jpg

By late Saturday morning we had it torn down and ready to clean and start reassembly.
578af2d5ef559fa3f91481472644be91.jpg

9f81bc683c8bb631f936cce72a0c6f2c.jpg

214b667a9aee7c3df294accf768b94ca.jpg

d2d0fe7af62c341180e2e72dcd449ad1.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a little time to work on it tonight and maybe get the valves adjusted.

Mike

4x4_Welder

My son came home from work week before last saying his Duramax was starting to haze a bit at idle. After a few tests and diagnosing we determined injectors were in need of being replaced, at least two of them anyways but on an LB7 it's not worth going in that deep and only doing a partial injector replacement. At least not in my opinion.

Injectors arrived last week so started on Friday evening.
b1e64570f8fecbc7b77f2c46169f0e42.jpg

By late Saturday morning we had it torn down and ready to clean and start reassembly.
578af2d5ef559fa3f91481472644be91.jpg

9f81bc683c8bb631f936cce72a0c6f2c.jpg

214b667a9aee7c3df294accf768b94ca.jpg

d2d0fe7af62c341180e2e72dcd449ad1.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a little time to work on it tonight and maybe get the valves adjusted.

Mike
I could stand to forget how many of those I've done. Did any of the injector cups come loose?