General Tech What did you work on Today?

$1050 for the CL-5400 and $140 for the remote and a Maverik run for the help.

You can install switches for about $50 and eliminate the remote.

The price of the fan depends on CFM and style of motor, ie PSC, ECM.

This unit registers 45db on Low and 48ish on high. This is measuring with my phone 3ft from the grill.

Can you create a new thread for this topic, please.

I am also very interested in knowing more, especially seeing side by side utility bill comparisons over the course of seasons. I totally get the idea of dropping the internal temp of your home by mechanically pumping out all the hot air and pulling in cooler outside air would help drop your AC (Power) bill. I'm curious to see if running the fan for extended periods of time in the middle of the summer would consumes as much power as just utilizing the AC and cracking open the windows.

Thanks,

Bart

Built a ladder for the front of my boat trailer to allow bow access for solo launch and retrieves. The wife doesn't like to drive the boat or the truck any longer and it's a $130 charge plus tip to have Off Shore marina do it. I'm going to have it powder coated silver to match the trailer.
IMG_5943.jpgIMG_5944.jpgIMG_1548.jpg

Bart

Already ordered and on the way. Great minds and all. Ordered 1", the width of the steps, and the top step will get 4 strips.

DAA

Another step towards better brakes for the LJ.

New WK2 dual piston calipers. Very beefy compared to factory TJ stuff. Since I still need some stuff and they won't be getting installed for maybe a few more weeks I went ahead and painted them with Rustoleum high temp primer and caliper paint.

LJ%20Brakes-1W.jpg

And Yellow Stuff pads ready to load.

LJ%20Brakes-4W.jpg

Right much more swept area than what the LJ is sporting now.

With an early XJ knuckle just sitting on it, but you can see that the caliper holes in the knuckle match the spacing of the WK2 caliper bracket.

LJ%20Brakes-5W.jpg

Still need to get rotors (13.25" for a Mustang GT) and some hardware. Then get Carl to help me with some machining. Should all be coming together soon though. Anxious to see how it works!

- DAA

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Very pretty! :cool:

I thought you were doing the 12" rotor version though, since he says the 13.25" requires 17" wheels. Will the bigger ones fit in your wheels, since you have a wheel spacer now?

Reactions: DAA

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Can we get an update on @zmotorsports sons wj rear bumper build please.

I'm sorry, I kind of dropped the ball on this one. The bumper has been back from the powder coater for about a month now sitting on the floor. I just haven't had time to install it. My son is getting married next week and we have been busy getting him moved into his new home and preparations for his wedding.

Last week I actually had some time to work on his WJ but unfortunately it was to repair an EVAP leak and replace injectors on his 4.7 liter engine.

I promise I will get back to his bumper installation soon and will post up some pictures of it.

I do appreciate the interest in it though so thank you.

Mike

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Given the scarcity of shade where I seem to find myself camping, I finished my not so expo shade canopy holder (Jimmy Buffet edition)
Hitch receiver mounted, pivots side-to-side, will clear the tailgate when down, folds flat for storage. Coupled with a $40 dollar patio umbrella and I've got it made in the shade.