General Tech What did you work on Today?

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Sounds like a great summer and fall. We're going to be Ouray on August 8th through the 11th. Can't wait for that trip.
We'll just miss each other. I can't wait either as I look forward to our week long Ouray trip every year, this will be our 12th year in a row now. Love that place and it has been one of the few that as we are packing up to leave the wife actually mentions how much she looks forward to retirement when we can stay for several weeks or even a month there.

Mike

Bart

Supporting Member
Hard to see but I mounted a winch with 2 rear mounts and 1 front mount to get the top up, then added eye bolts for ratchet straps to raise the top the little extra and secure for the summer. I had to move some lights and redo an electrical box before the project so it took much longer than anticipate. Finished the weekend project at 6:00 last night.
IMG_6106.jpgIMG_6107.jpg

Pile of parts

I've heard of mexi-chrome and understand the ghetto-gold, but I've never seen this type of rack. You'll have to educate me on it.

I built this one last week because I needed a way to get the kayaks to the lake when the camper was on. Then, I thought, I might as well make it capable of hauling a couple of bikes too. So, with a modified cargo basket and a dual receiver, I made this.

Gravy

Edd China of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Makes it easy to drag your SUP and all the kid's gear to the lake from the truck in one trip.
You just strap the SUP to the rack.
You should make one for your kayaks. You could even pin it together with toggles so you could disassemble it and bring it with you. It would make portage a breeze!

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Silly little project that I did after work yesterday. I decided I had looked at my cut downspout long enough. I had cut one of them with my line trimmer about a month ago so I came up with a plan to add some thickness to it and while I was at it I may as well do the other two that are in the grass as well.

I purchased some 4” thick walled couplers to wrap around the thinner 4” drainage pipe.

I chucked them up in the lathe and removed the outside mold seam as well as the inside dividing ridge so they would fit snugly around the pipe.

After removing from the lathe I clamped it in the mill vise and cut a section out of each one so they would snap over the drain pipes fairly snug.

Ready to dig up a little grass and install.

I cut a little grass out around the downspout and then replaced the grass after installation. That should prevent further cuts.

Now I can trim with ease of mind that I won't cut through the thin wall drain pipe.

Mike