General Tech What did you work on Today?

4x4_Welder

New intake manifold on my wife's Explorer, the old one did the standard plastic corrosion thing and pushed out the seal under the thermostat housing.
Difference between old OE and new Dorman:
There's a lot more meat under that housing, and a different seal style so hopefully this'll be taken care of permanently.
Next up new tires, all four brakes, all four struts, upper control arms, and a transmission. So much for a tax return.

DAA

Didn't take any pics, but I pulled all my control arms off his weekend and serviced the Johnny Joints. They weren't making any noise or giving me any trouble, but with 100,000 miles on them, I thought it couldn't hurt to pull them all down for an inspection, clean and grease. Most of them looked like they'll be good for another 100,000. Rear uppers were a bit worn though, so I rebuilt them.

Don't think I'll notice anything different driving, but nice peace of mind knowing they are all in good shape, cleaned and greased. As long as I got all the snap rings in good...

- DAA

DAA

I'm not much of a decal guy, but those are awesome!

The Rubicon hood decals on my LJ are all tattered and half the letters are scrubbed off from contact with trees and brush. I was just going to remove them completely and be done with it, but my daughter pitched a fit, so I have brand new OEM Rubicon decals waiting to go on when the weather warms up and I feel more like messing with it.

- DAA