General Tech What did you work on Today?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I picked up the new miller 211 to have as a backup welder at my house and its quickly becoming my favorite welder. I finished welding up my fabbed 9" housing for my CJ. I'm really surprised it burned hot enough to really Pentwater the inner C but it killed it.

View attachment 133229View attachment 133230View attachment 133231
How the EFF do you weld a perfectly straight line like that? Also, how the EFF do you make precision dimes like that on a round tube. If I ever make a weld like that, it will be printed on the only T-shirt I wear from that day forward.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
How the EFF do you weld a perfectly straight line like that? Also, how the EFF do you make precision dimes like that on a round tube. If I ever make a weld like that, it will be printed on the only T-shirt I wear from that day forward.
My thoughts exactly. I often remind myself that he’s one of them fabricator guys... so I feel better

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Not much to show for it, but I did get a ton of work done. I’ve been using my little Lincoln 110 welder to tack a few things into place on the hot rod. I got sick of the smoke and spatter and finally decided to wire in the 220 V outlet that I need since I’ve been sitting on the parts for close to two years, so it was time. I never realized how much I missed a real welder.
While the weather was super nice, (70ish here) I decided to spray a few weeds and trim one of my palm trees. Before you think no big deal, palms are nasty bastards when you have to work on them.

Attachments

• 6B56F735-2E77-4613-A226-AC9B463838B7.jpeg
    6B56F735-2E77-4613-A226-AC9B463838B7.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 35

The_Lobbster

When shooting metal targets from inside 25 yards, I suggest standing off to one side just a bit. It's possible for a bullet to fragment and come straight back and hit the shooter when standing straight on. Don't ask me how I know.
Back when I was probably 18 or 19, some friends of mine were standing around about 15 yards from an empty propane tank we were shooting at. Buddy of mine shot it with a .45, and that lead came straight back at us, significantly slower to the point you could see it, but still might not have felt that good. I couldn't believe it didn't pierce the tank. Equally both the coolest and most terrifying thing that can happen.