General Tech What did you work on Today?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
As usual, I'm a few days late... but the engine now bolts in place.

GbiqWCT.jpg

jRcd1MO.jpg

yERDCKF.jpg

This is getting exciting. Next up: fabricating a transmission crossmember.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've been doing side work for some extra cash and have been trying to help the young adult kid of one of our friends. I put a new trans in this truck a couple months ago and told him to get the brakes done and the rear axle seal replaced as soon as he could afford to. It was leaking and the rear dif was low, I topped it off with 2qrts😬 Looks like he was a little too late.

20210510_205713.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I've been doing side work for some extra cash and have been trying to help the young adult kid of one of our friends. I put a new trans in this truck a couple months ago and told him to get the brakes done and the rear axle seal replaced as soon as he could afford to. It was leaking and the rear dif was low, I topped it off with 2qrts😬 Looks like he was a little too late.

View attachment 137430
What kind of truck is it? What axle?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

View attachment 137430
No good deed goes unpunished

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Five hundred dollah dump truck now has 2-pot master cylinder and a 7” booster on the firewall! 😀

A76648F3-3A5E-40EF-BCCE-3DFE1A8B52AA.jpeg

867C75BF-6966-4923-AB93-6A123AA59785.jpeg

I took a Swag and ordered a $59 firewall pedal bracket and it bolted up like it was made for it. The chrome pedal might be too gawdy for this hawg feeder...

17630432-E225-4473-AD2A-A86A4E598DBA.jpeg

Just need to remove the stock pedal and plumb the hard lines now.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Added some quick temporary storage to the back. Mostly just to carry road flares in case I need to burn it to the ground.

Kinda makes it look like a shopping cart. 😬 Oh well. It'll get cut out soon anyway.

Attachments

• A590EA12-8F1F-48E0-BF19-8C512C4E0713.jpeg
    A590EA12-8F1F-48E0-BF19-8C512C4E0713.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 1CDBEEBE-614E-436E-A205-9000AA46465C.jpeg
    1CDBEEBE-614E-436E-A205-9000AA46465C.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 34

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Speaking of shopping carts, is there one missing from your local store that was a donor to that project? :rofl:
Nope. Those are chromed. Too blingy for Britney.

I started adding a hydraulic grapple for my pallet forks last night. I ordered a hydraulic "thumb" to make it work. It's a little bit too short, and I'm not sure about the best angles and ram positions for clamping down on logs at the property. I may need to move it up some.3EDCCE3D-F5BA-43EC-882E-C75C1F4FDE85.jpeg926361BF-382D-4B6A-902F-2DEA8D2BE440.jpeg

I've got some flat bar that I'll extend the jaw with, and maybe add a ram mount further out on the jaw.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I started adding a hydraulic grapple for my pallet forks last night. I ordered a hydraulic "thumb" to make it work. It's a little bit too short, and I'm not sure about the best angles and ram positions for clamping down on logs at the property. I may need to move it up some.I've got some flat bar that I'll extend the jaw with, and maybe add a ram mount further out on the jaw.
That should be real handy and I’ll be watching for updates.🤘 I’m currently collecting parts to build a wood splitting attachment to be run off my Kubota’s rear hyd. disconnects.

Gawynz

Budget bass boat wiring 90% complete (I'll clean it up). 24V 70lb thrust trolling motor, electric start outboard, nav lights, drive lights, bildge pump, live well pump, usb chargers. Just got to order/wire the fish finder and tie in the on-board charger. Next up is finishing the frame/decking with epoxy and carpet.

20210517_180042.jpg