General Tech What did you work on Today?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
The pedal gym required a new front tire. Half the side knobs are torn off.

20210826_113038.jpg
I sound old and grumpy but damned new mtb tires are more than motorcycle tires and more than car tires should cost. Plus you don't just get a make and model, you need to specify which of the 3 rubber compounds and the 3 casings along with which type of 2.5, wide or standard. Now where did I put my white new balances.

20210826_115152.jpg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

View attachment 140389
I sound old and grumpy but damned new mtb tires are more than motorcycle tires and more than car tires should cost. Plus you don't just get a make and model, you need to specify which of the 3 rubber compounds and the 3 casings along with which type of 2.5, wide or standard. Now where did I put my white new balances.

View attachment 140390

Uh, we moved from New Balance to Under Armor nowadays. Bonus points if you wear denim shorts and pull up in an early '90s Corvette with an automatic and a partner/wife that's the same age with gravity defying mammary enhancements

Corban_White

View attachment 140389

View attachment 140390
You must be old and grumpy, 'cause if I still lived close not only would I run that tire, I'd come over and give you actual money for it. 🤣

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I finally got around to dropping the pan on my Chevy 2500HD cheapo auction truck, to replace the oil pickup tube and oil pump. There is just enough play in the new pickup tube that you kind of HAVE TO reinstall the pump first, in case the tube is too far out of alignment to bolt up nice, which added a little effort to my intended operations today. Also discovered a leak starting at the cooler tube gasket, where they bolt to the pan, so I'm gonna have to get one of those I guess. So today by end of afternoon I should have the pickup, pump, pan, and front cover all final-assembled. Tomorrow or Monday I'll get the gasket in, reinstall accessory drives and serpentine belt, and the front diff and crossmember. Then I will hopefully have my truck back full of oil pressure and the best $1800 I've invested in a useful vehicle. It's got a liftgate and stuff maaaaaaan

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I should have been working on this during our downtime from racing this summer but my motivation ad been at about a -10. In preparation to tie the garage into the existing driveway I needed to tear out some concrete, move my 50 amp RV plug that was next to the RV pad, tie in the existing underground rain gutter piping and move my hose bib and sewer dump.

I spent the afternoon tearing apart and will work on the putting back together this week. We are moving the 50 amp RV service into the garage as well as running a new 100 amp service for anything else in the garage.

in this pic is the 50 amp wiring we pulled back as well as the conduit for the 109 amp

45326FA7-3A48-4531-8B68-8C68031E8432.jpeg
9E487FE3-535C-4171-A5AE-82B22AE3BE6E.jpeg

in this pic is where I dug up the existing g underground drain pipe I will tie into.
A522D412-F50F-4FB6-8F0F-EA2CCC055EA8.jpeg
I’ll run across to tie in as well as tie for in this frost free hose bib. The water is tied into my sprinkler main so it is only on in the summer but will give me a sturdy hose bib.
E5A9EA0F-7769-4268-AB91-FEC17963DD08.jpeg

Trusses should be here the middle of September so hopefully the roof will be over it by the end of October.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
I knocked down my old ugly square white basket ball back board and pimped out the front of my garage a little with some close to color match paint, a light, some old junk i had around the yard, and trick sign my plasma table made me. That light has a dusk to dawn switch and pretty much lights up my entire yard for only 29 Watts. 20210829_150424.jpg20210829_150404.jpg20210829_150413.jpg