General Tech What did you work on Today?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I am getting tired of appliances breaking..... Over the last year or so I've had to replace the dishwasher, the disposal, the water heater, the microwave and now the washing machine is dead. It is not that old and has one of the fancy electronic control boards in it that looks like it has given up the ghost. I busted out the voltmeter and it looks like the microcontroller in it is missing one of the two power rails. I can't find the part on the parts websites so I will have to either buy a used one on ebay for $175 and hope it works, attempt to fix the board, or buy another washer. Why can't they just keep it simple ? The electronic components on a lot of these boards go obsolete very quickly and you can't get them after a couple of years.
Mending shed in Orem has had a lot of parts I have needed.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I am getting tired of appliances breaking..... Over the last year or so I've had to replace the dishwasher, the disposal, the water heater, the microwave and now the washing machine is dead. It is not that old and has one of the fancy electronic control boards in it that looks like it has given up the ghost. I busted out the voltmeter and it looks like the microcontroller in it is missing one of the two power rails. I can't find the part on the parts websites so I will have to either buy a used one on ebay for $175 and hope it works, attempt to fix the board, or buy another washer. Why can't they just keep it simple ? The electronic components on a lot of these boards go obsolete very quickly and you can't get them after a couple of years.
I've had the same fate. I just purchased Home Depots cheapest dish washer, and most expensive no questions warranty. I'm good for like 4-5 years. If this washer proves as good as my old washer, I'll be money ahead on this one.

4x4_Welder

I had a Whirlpool dryer smoke a transistor on the main control board. It wasn't too bad except they decided the best place for the included service manual was folded up on top of it. Made a nice discolored spot on the top of the housing and melted a jug of detergent that was on it. Luckily there wasn't enough to completely burn.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I had a Whirlpool dryer smoke a transistor on the main control board. It wasn't too bad except they decided the best place for the included service manual was folded up on top of it. Made a nice discolored spot on the top of the housing and melted a jug of detergent that was on it. Luckily there wasn't enough to completely burn.
We had a dryer that quit getting warm because the heating element broke. When I opened the machine up there was a layer of fine lint on the bottom of the machine that had caught fire when the hot metal from the element dropped on it. Luckily it didn't catch the whole machine on fire.

Coco

Have had a bunch of service calls it seems like this week. Needless to say, I am tired haha.

Did a couple tires on an Amazon trailer at their warehouse in West Jordan. Nothing too eventful other than I was about to shit my brains out at the end of the call. Thank goodness for the Drivers Lounge!

IMG-9770.JPGIMG-9773.JPG

This is the "I really need to shit, I don't know if I am going to make it, but need a completed picture for the call' pic... It's a little blurry.

IMG-9779.JPG

Then the next morning at 5:40 I got a call for a couple blown low boy/transport tires. Got there and the wheels were destroyed, and one of the caps had wrapped completely around the axle. Had to cut that one off with the air cutting disc. Installed the customers single spare for them to limp back to AF, and I have two wheels hopefully showing up Monday so he can get back on the road.

IMG-9780.JPGIMG-9781.JPG

Did this one about an hour and a half ago. Eagle Mtn sure has a sense of humor with their trucks. This one was for the sewer dept... So needless to say it was shitty.

IMG-9836.JPGIMG-9838.jpgIMG-9839.JPG

Last edited:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Sideboard project continues with rear sections basically done. Lots of threads tapped and dimpled holes sanded. 🙄. Walmart trucker fairing a bit further along with tabs mostly welded up top and supports just dangling at the moment.

Attachments

• E3087A9D-4725-46BB-9765-1EB3096DCEF9.jpeg
    E3087A9D-4725-46BB-9765-1EB3096DCEF9.jpeg
    562.3 KB · Views: 37
  • EB215DEE-D944-4A13-8C17-8E909F5F1566.jpeg
    EB215DEE-D944-4A13-8C17-8E909F5F1566.jpeg
    487 KB · Views: 37

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I can feel you all dying for an update, so, here:

Took the resurrected dead row truck on its first voyage after a short week of commuter duty, a 976mi round trip to Farmington, NM for the WERock finals. 4.10's if I'm assuming correctly by RPM, 6.0, no tune up or anything, just a new oil pump. 38psi hot, all other gauges good, trans temp 170-200* the whole way, etc etc. Got a back seat on the way, but it needs to be cleaned before installation.

Truck is currently throwing a random P300 code for random misfire, though it doesn't seem to be misfiring. As I mentioned, no tune up or anything, so I suppose I'll work my way through the list of possible P300 causes, starting with "cleaning the MAF sensor" :rofl: and going on down the list. Ran a pretty solid 70-75 the entire way w/ cruise, and got an average of 13mpg, give or take a tenth or so in either direction. The trip timer is pretty neat.

I hate the CD player though, it's doesn't like to eject LOLZZZ ANyway I'm pretty pleased for a cheap truck. THAT IS ALL

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I can feel you all dying for an update, so, here:

Took the resurrected dead row truck on its first voyage after a short week of commuter duty, a 976mi round trip to Farmington, NM for the WERock finals. 4.10's if I'm assuming correctly by RPM, 6.0, no tune up or anything, just a new oil pump. 38psi hot, all other gauges good, trans temp 170-200* the whole way, etc etc. Got a back seat on the way, but it needs to be cleaned before installation.

Truck is currently throwing a random P300 code for random misfire, though it doesn't seem to be misfiring. As I mentioned, no tune up or anything, so I suppose I'll work my way through the list of possible P300 causes, starting with "cleaning the MAF sensor" :rofl: and going on down the list. Ran a pretty solid 70-75 the entire way w/ cruise, and got an average of 13mpg, give or take a tenth or so in either direction. The trip timer is pretty neat.

I hate the CD player though, it's doesn't like to eject LOLZZZ ANyway I'm pretty pleased for a cheap truck. THAT IS ALL
Things I've had cause a P300 on my LS.
Flakey coil pack harness, but it was definitely missing.
Bad O2 sensor/harness - could sometimes feel it miss, then it would just loose half the cylinders.
crank/ cam sensor relearn. Pretty quick process and commonly causes false random misfire code.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Ramp/sideboard project done and trucker fairing also done, minus bolt tab prep/paint and deciding what finish or coating for the aluminum. Here’s a fun fact… The sideboards have a total of 72 dimpled holes in the aluminum treads and 222 hand drilled/tapped holes in the steel frames. 222 is 1/3 of 666, coincidence? 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 79A2BA37-7D6C-41F1-956E-5AC08B3DBB22.jpeg
    79A2BA37-7D6C-41F1-956E-5AC08B3DBB22.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 30
  • A3284ACC-0EF8-4786-A944-20C0FCD27087.jpeg
    A3284ACC-0EF8-4786-A944-20C0FCD27087.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 29

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Autometer 4480 Speedometer mini-review.

C9870B95-CAEB-4319-BC13-224E2CD5F9C5.jpeg
I installed one of these last week in my daughters 1967 Jeepster Commando. The rig was set up years ago with dual transfer cases and we never did get the old mechanical speedo working. She used an HUD gps for a few years.

The supplied gps antenna simply magnets to the dash. It’s tiny. There are 3 wires to hook it up 1. A 12v ignition on, 2. A ground, 3. Power from headlight switch.

When you first turn the car on the readout says “Acquiring Satellite “ for about 60 seconds. Then you get a choice of what to display in that area. Odometer, time, speed, top speed, hours, etc.

We took it out for a long day of testing yesterday. (Lots of recent upgrades to the whole truck) We went up over Alpine Loop into Cascade Springs and then took the road over to Tibble and ended up going all the way up to the top of 007 trail and the back of Snowbird, then home via AF canyon.

The speedo was rock solid the entire trip. Never had any issues with losing satellites or anything else. Lots of the trip was at 3-4 mph and less.

To wrap it up I would recommend at this point. It will be nice to never worry about accuracy with tire size changes or gearing changes.

As installed:
1A70D69F-D6C3-4B48-89F2-13DC66E6F74D.jpeg