General Tech What did you work on Today?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I don’t love this setup, but also don’t hate it. The reality is that I’m totally out of space to mount or store anymore nonsense. I’ll keep my lighter odds and ends up there on longer trips and just unclip them when not needed. The bases don’t weigh anything, so those aren’t a concern. Just gotta add some foam inserts so things aren’t banging around and making noise. They should be able to take some hell, but I’ll add some small quick-release straps anchored to each base to make sure the cases can’t eject themselves. 😂

Attachments

• 41480EFA-0981-422A-9EEE-91C103999DB4.jpeg
    41480EFA-0981-422A-9EEE-91C103999DB4.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 63

Coco

Got back from Disney last Thursday, and had two full days and Monday to plug away on the SXS. Was able to pretty much finish it up Monday. Just need to get the two passenger side seats back in, and it should be ready to go for Takeover next week. Installed the HCR suspension, cage, CT Raceworx 'bombproof' front gusset/shock kits, BRP front bumper and Warn winch, BD rear lightbar, the whips, shift kit, and the UTV Com system. Some of this stuff were things I pulled off of the old one before selling it, but doing a LOT of stuff all at once was fun. Bolted the 35" Maxxis stickies back on after swapping them from the Fuel wheels to these Methods. Excited to get it to Sand Hollow next week and see how this limo does in comparison to the old one.

How it looked before Disney:

IMG-0326.JPG

65541676615--51A6C6E8-2A48-421B-8E37-371C374FBF33.JPG

Saturday night:

IMG-0359.JPG

And how it is currently sitting:

IMG-0367.JPG
IMG-0368.JPG

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Stag you can replace just the drain back valve. But you've got to take apart the pump assembly. I bought a new pump 2 years ago for my TJ because of that problem and the new one was bad. So I did some surgery to figure out why.

JeeperG

Starting to look a lot different than when I saw them. When are they headed to chrome and do they want to do a couple Buick bumpers at the same time?
I don't know when I'll get them in, not in a huge hurry, they also said they had a 6-8 month turn around right now. I'm still waiting to hear back from wheel vintiques as well, been trying to get my wheels made since February, they called a few weeks back and said they was hoping to start on them a couple weeks back and needed payment and nothing again.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I don't know when I'll get them in, not in a huge hurry, they also said they had a 6-8 month turn around right now. I'm still waiting to hear back from wheel vintiques as well, been trying to get my wheels made since February, they called a few weeks back and said they was hoping to start on them a couple weeks back and needed payment and nothing again.
Sounds like I should get on their list? Shoot me contact info if you don’t mind?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Thought I'd share a project I worked on for @alpine.xc today. Josh and I both like doing work for each other when we can and his shop does amazing work (so give him a follow!)
I really enjoyed the 3d metal puzzle this was to fix.

Josh got this bike at auction for his personal moto steed. The P.O. of this 250sxf had a huge rock hit and the inner and outer case were both severely damaged.
I managed to repair them pretty good I think
Thanks for looking. Of you like what I do, you can follow me on Insta @Edit_Moto
IMG_20211020_154005_912.jpg
IMG_20211020_154005_949.jpg

The inner case was so damaged the oil pump drive gear wouldn't turn.

IMG_20211020_154005_875.jpgIMG_20211020_154005_827.jpg

IMG_20211020_154005_984.jpg

IMG_20211020_154006_016.jpg

Pike2350

I did a little work on this but mostly left it to steel erecting co.

No more poles in the way. I still have a lower pull through height then I prefer....but other than removing the carport roof there isn't much I can do about it. The space between the roof lone and fence is just shy of 7'..so not much taller than 8' can make it into the backyard anyway.

The new concrete is scheduled for the 1st. It will be so nice not to have all that dirt making a mess of my boots.

Attachments

• 20211021_184916.jpg
    20211021_184916.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 36

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I had a client bring a turbo assembly off of his Dodge/Cummins to the shop yesterday. He had tried to replace the unit himself and ended up crossthreading the two 8mm bolts for the oil drainback tube as well as the 16mm banjo bolt for the coolant drain. I was able to clean up the threads for the banjo bolt and drilled and installed Helicoils in the two 8mm bolt holes for the oil drain back tube.

turbo1.jpg

turbo2.jpg

turbo3.jpg

turbo4.jpg

turbo5.jpg

turbo6.jpg

turbo7.jpg

turbo8.jpg

Ready for the owner to pick up.

Thanks for looking.

Mike

Vonski

nothing to see here...
What were you beating on with that much torque and skill not to snap the shaft?
To put it into perspective, this is only a 24 spline rear utv CV shaft, so a twig compared to 35 or 40 spline stuff. These are far stronger than OEM, but not quite as strong as a 300M RCV shaft. I’m not exactly sure when it started, but I could see the progression by the twisting vinyl sticker my custom CV guy put on it. 😂 I finished it off by running 37” red label BFGs. Rear steer didn’t do it any favors either. Thought for sure it would’ve sheared by now. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• CE5D2898-E200-43D7-B412-996F5A2814A2.jpeg
    CE5D2898-E200-43D7-B412-996F5A2814A2.jpeg
    812.4 KB · Views: 41