General Tech What did you work on Today?

Navigator

...and now I need one (or two) of these :D
View attachment 160426

If anyone is interested I have 2 large stock truck carts in storage that I need to get rid of, they are big 72"L X 36"W X 48"H and were about a grand a piece. I will try to get a few pics and list them in the for sale section (for much cheaper) tomorrow.
They are this one in the link below.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
If anyone is interested I have 2 large stock truck carts in storage that I need to get rid of, they are big 72"L X 36"W X 48"H and were about a grand a piece. I will try to get a few pics and list them in the for sale section (for much cheaper) tomorrow.

I'm interested pending price.

Tonkaman

I had 2 of those made for me with 4 shelves on each. They were over $1500 each!

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Drug my tig out that I haven't used in months to weld my saw mount.

Ran some beads on scrap to dial my technique and settings.
Pretty happy with this.
20230607_184736.jpg

So I cleaned up the mount pieces and set to glue them together.

20230607_184742.jpg

F-word! I could not get a shiny puddle to save my ass. What am I doing wrong, same settings and material.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Drug my tig out that I haven't used in months to weld my saw mount.

Ran some beads on scrap to dial my technique and settings.
Pretty happy with this.
View attachment 160716

So I cleaned up the mount pieces and set to glue them together.

View attachment 160717

F-word! I could not get a shiny puddle to save my ass. What am I doing wrong, same settings and material.
Typically when this happens I tell my students it's because you didn't pray to the correct Lightning Deity that morning.

On a real note (though superstition still applies) typically the answer with Aluminum is "More Filler."

Gawynz

I'm calling this project done (minus a few decals I'm waiting on)! Some day I want to blast, clean up, and powder coat the trailer but for the near term I just want to enjoy it.

Found these nifty little hatches on Amazon to make some useful space out of these boxed in areas.
20230524_213859.jpg

Added a fire extinguisher, some cup holders, and rod holders.
20230607_183504.jpg

Got the hatch all loaded up.
20230607_111704.jpg

Three rods fit nicely on the side, single large tacklebox.
20230607_114026.jpg

Cut a piece of grey 1/4" HDPE plastic sheet to cover the lid of the livewell, also bolted a 24" ruler to the inside of the livewell lid.
20230611_115738.jpg

The PO painted the trailer at some point and rewired the trailer; the wiring was terrible, it looks like the connectors were crimped with pliers, a small tug on any connector and they just pulled apart. So I replaced every connection throughout the entire trailer, replaced the worn out marker lights, only took a couple hours on this tiny simple trailer. Checked/greased the axles. I patched a hole in the cover and got it fitting pretty good, the trolling motor is in the way a bit.

20230608_175419.jpg

Went fishing at Pineview on Friday and everything worked perfectly, I'm very happy with how it turned out. Planes out and runs about 16mph max. Interior stayed completely dry. The boat is very stable for two people standing and walking around the decks casting. Trolling motor is way overkill, on the 1-10 setting I ran it at 2-4 the entire time, the battery was still nearly fully charged at the end of the day after hours of use.

So that's it for now, just want to enjoy it this summer.
image000004.jpg

image000005.jpg

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Nothing super technical, but I installed one of these:
tonneau.jpg

Really looking forward to not having a bed full of leaves this fall, and not having a bed full of snow this winter. I need to add a power lock to the tailgate, and I can start on a roll out toolbox and some other in bed goodies I've had planned for a while.