What do I get for the next bike?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
This is a 300 but not 300 specific.
Paul drove up and met me in Spanish Fork so he could take my suspension down to Pete at NOST when he wasn't even going that way to California. What a guy, so to repay him for his kindness I fixed his pipe.

Since his bike is the exact same as mine it wasnt too bad to test fit it. Generally I just mark with a sharpie which way I need to bend a it to get it straight while on the bike. Then I I pull it off, heat it with my torch and yank on it. I've got a fat wooden hanger rod that I can stick into the exhaust to bend the engine side and a thinner one for the muffler side. Just a little tweaking and bending the hangers back straight got it looking good on my bike.
IMG_20190102_115017.jpgIMG_20190102_114942.jpgIMG_20190102_114929.jpg

Cascadia

Undecided
Once again, I’ve been off rme for a while. Put 125 hours on my ‘18 350 and sold it last month. I’m now on a ‘19 450. I’ve never owned a 450 before. It’s definitely different. But it’s been fun. I don’t mind riding sand with the power it has and my NOST suspension is amazing! 256B4124-4F44-4688-9C72-A5E9E6E09DCD.jpeg256B4124-4F44-4688-9C72-A5E9E6E09DCD.jpeg

Caleb

Wait, did you get yourself a sissy clutch? :D That has to be my personal favorite mod to any bike I get :p

Nice looking bike.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm really considering a new bike and can't decide on a yz250x or a ktm/husky and nost setup.
Tysons forks were exactly as you described Stratton. They felt very stiff hut better the faster I went. The cheap ass in me really wants to try a yamaha for 2/3 the money.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
My suspension is setup almost exactly the same as Tyson's but slightly lower fork pressure and lower rear spring rate and valving to match (just because I'm lighter) (I'm running the stock TX300 spring and he's running the stock 450SX spring) I'd haven't yet set the sag or messed with clickers but I'd like to see if I can soften initial movement. It's not really a soft trail bike anymore though.

Honestly for the money I might try a YZ. I've ridden Brian's and Shane Ekin's son's bike for both maybe 10 miles of hard stuff and they are very good.

Cascadia

Undecided
Got rained out at work today and threw on my new ims 2.6 gallon tank. Everything bolted up perfect. I also opted for the dry break tank with screw cap adapter for when I start racing again. I’ll get a receiver and dump van when it’s time. No more worrying about mileage on the baby stock tank. Thanks for the hookup Stratton.

Attachments

• 34A43A43-386E-4ACD-A4F4-40CC7EB8CBC9.jpeg
    34A43A43-386E-4ACD-A4F4-40CC7EB8CBC9.jpeg
    862.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 11580121-BAA1-47EC-B61C-ECF85DFBAB64.jpeg
    11580121-BAA1-47EC-B61C-ECF85DFBAB64.jpeg
    959.6 KB · Views: 7

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I'm really considering a new bike and can't decide on a yz250x or a ktm/husky and nost setup.
Tysons forks were exactly as you described Stratton. They felt very stiff hut better the faster I went. The cheap ass in me really wants to try a yamaha for 2/3 the money.

get a yamaha with the nost?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep

If I had to have a real come to Jesus moment with myself, I would have to admit that there are a LOT of things I like about 'other' bikes, and not so much on the Yamaha. I secretly cry every time I get off of Derek's bike and back on to my own.

E-start and a 6th gear would be totally rad to have.

The super awesome suspension on some of the bikes I ride makes me jealous... but then I remember that their suspension is not stock, and if I would spend the same amount of money on my own suspension, it would also be much much better.

And then I watch people try to start their 4 strokes, and I laugh.
And then I see the price of parts, and I feel bad for them.
And then I ride in moab and break a lever or two and run into town to get replacement parts instead of having to drive back to salt lake.

Tonkaman

If I had to have a real come to Jesus moment with myself, I would have to admit that there are a LOT of things I like about 'other' bikes, and not so much on the Yamaha. I secretly cry every time I get off of Derek's bike and back on to my own.

E-start and a 6th gear would be totally rad to have.

The super awesome suspension on some of the bikes I ride makes me jealous... but then I remember that their suspension is not stock, and if I would spend the same amount of money on my own suspension, it would also be much much better.

And then I watch people try to start their 4 strokes, and I laugh.
And then I see the price of parts, and I feel bad for them.
And then I ride in moab and break a lever or two and run into town to get replacement parts instead of having to drive back to salt lake.

Ha Ha nice summary!

Honestly though you hit the issues dead on. The beta is one rad bike, but there have been a few inconvenient part searches that wouldn’t happen on a KTM or Yamaha. I will never ever ever own another bike without e-start though, that’s a complete deal breaker!

You should spend a grand on suspension, I promise it’s worth it.