What do I get for the next bike?

rholbrook

I am pretty sure with how much I ride anymore all you guys have passed me up ........just like my kid has. It's a humbling moment when you realize that you probably can't keep up with a 15 year old. I haven't told him yet, but he knows it.
Sucks. I remember the days of taking Harrison places that when I stopped and waited for him he would have tear streaks on his cheeks. Now when he waits for me, I have tear streaks on my cheeks. Truthfully, it brings great pride to a dad when it happens, especially when you consider yourself a descent rider like I do. For a fat old guy, I can still ride but there was a day when I could hang with the fast guys but now, my motto is "Live to Ride Another Day!" I just like to ride and I love the technical stuff these days.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Does it start well cold? Once mine is warm it's magical, but cold it started much better with the Lectron. I wonder if I need a leaner pilot than 25?
I haven't started it very many times :oops: With that limited experience, I wouldn't say it's difficult to start.
The snap of this thing is awesome though. The front wheel is super light.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I watched that video.
Josh catches then laps me at 2:42:01. I flicked some mud on his GoPro, I'm proud I held him off for like 6 seconds instead of the average 2 second guy LOL.

even Michael Knight had lots of problems in that mud pit. He crashed 3 times on one lap- twice in like 30 seconds.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I just bought a 525. Lugs are pretty big. I was thinking it would be a good mud tire. But who wants to ride in mud??

Did you order it through me? If not you left money on the table.

I think the problem is the tire rounds off really quickly so less biting edges and is got a really round profile so less lugs it wants to lean over and as soon as you lean over in that snotty clay -zip! you're tipped over.

I think I need to ride more mud so I don't fall in it when I'm on the clock.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Ring gap: .012-.014
IMG_20190514_120345.jpg
Base gasket: .48-.5 mm (same gasket as pre 2017 motors oddly enough).
IMG_20190514_120007.jpg
Power valve z measurement: stock
IMG_20190514_120329.jpg

Power valve actuator is a little different than the 2011-2016
2019 exhaust valve.png

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
@Gravy you may want to measure the length of the piston skirt. There was a change in 2018 and there has been several incidences where people have the wrong piston even though the box is labeled correctly. Vertex updated the piston but kept the same part number.