What do you do?

hoosier

mtn yot
So I looked around the forum and did not see this topic: What Do You Do For a Career?

I am not wanting to know pay. I just see some of the work people do on here and it is amazing.

Last edited:

hoosier

mtn yot
Myself I am a fabricator for Lake Point Custom Fab and Machine. We design and build things like carts for holding simi truck bulk heads, we build custom long range (1200 yd) targets for high powered rifles. Almost anything metal mainly a little injection molding, and 3d printing

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I railroad... :D

Equipment Operator in the Track Dept for Union Pacific... interesting for for sure, sometimes its boring, sometimes it's way too exciting. Pics help explain a little better... :greg:

20131114_072936-L.jpg

20131022_121827-L.jpg

SANY0009%20%28Medium%29.jpg

IMG00020-20100128-1153.jpg

100_0679%20%28Large%29-L.jpg

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Automation, controls & instrumentation, primarily in oil and gas.
Basically, my stuff does stuff when Carl pushes those buttons and stuff.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I sit at a desk all night and watch Youtube videos. Sometimes the world goes to hell and then I have to answer phone calls from other guys who would much rather be sitting at their desk watching Youtube videos than calling me to find out why the hell the world went to hell and when in hell they can expect me to un-hell it.

Troop92

I'm a data analyst and human resource assistant by day, book/story/paper/resume editor by night.

Last edited:

Jeromy

Run a Flexo printing press by day and do fabrication/machining at night, mostly for the printing industry but some stuff on race cars and off road stuff mixed in.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Active Duty Air Force. Technical title is Munitions System Craftsman. We build bombs that go on planes and blow stuff up. Lately I'm working as a Weapon Safety Manager making sure the guys who build bombs and the people around them are safe. It does include a lot of youtube though.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I'm a maintenance mechanic in a local cheese factory. To make that sound less dumb one of our production lines typically exceeds 200,000 pounds of packaged cheese out the door in one eight hour shift :eek: I maintain and troubleshoot a lot of the equipment throughout the plant. I've been here about twelve years now and really enjoy what I do for the most part--beats a real job anyway lol.

As you can see here my assistant is assisting me in not sliding off of the electric motor while I loosen a bolt. Gotta love team work.

photo-12_zpsjupkv11l.jpg

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

1620891_10154775534945193_1882907550171052444_n.jpgI work as a Central Processing tech at the American Fork Hospital sterilizing surgical equipment. I would post more photos but it gets pretty gruesome where I work in the hospital.

Rottenbelly

I stink.
I work on the river on a towboat for 28 days then im off 28 days to play.
Thats my boat...12000 HP.

Pushing barges thru Cincinnati.

Our face up rigging to keep the barges hooked up to the boat.