what do you think

timyota

I wanted to see if their is anyone else out there that feels the same way i do i am a hunter and i am tired of people telling me i am wrong for doing it i know it doesnt appeal to some people but cant you keep your opinions to yourselfs, i dont think that the activist realize that hunter play the biggest role in wildlife concervation if it wasn't for hunters their would be alot more indangered species, im not saying all hunter are good to the wildlife but there are bad seeds in everything you do, i didnt post this thread to make anyone mad i just want to get some support.

Meat_

Banned
What do I think?

I've noticed that most people who are anti hunting don't know all if any of the facts.

Caleb

personally I dont hunt...I'm all for it though, I used to go bunny blastin (and prolly still would) but have never made time to do it. I think opinions are great though, if everyone had the same opinion then the world would be a very boring place. Let people think what they want, just don't let it affect you...if it affects you emotionally then you need to grow thicker skin, if it affects you physically (hunting areas being closed, etc) then you need to get involved. I can't stand it when people whine and moan because someone doesn't agree with them. (not saying this is what you are doing, I'm just making a statement ;) )

I agree with James though, its kinda like people that think guns are dangerous. IMO, that is the most retarded thing ever. Guns are perfectly harmless if handled correctly and with respect. I have been around guns literally my whole life (25 years, not as long as some I know) and have NEVER had any kind of accident or mishap with any gun...guns dont kill people, people kill people...:D

V-DAWG

someday
Why do you need support? Does something inside you tell you it is wrong? If you want support, I would go to a hunting BB. I used to hunt, but I do not anymore. I still have all my guns, and they still get used, I just chose to shoot at non-living things. I found that I have more fun shooting at clay pigeons because it is a controlled environment. It also helps with the competitions with friends because the situations can be identical so they truly know I kicked their a$$ :D .

wrangler

for those about to rock..
I think hunting is way cool. A good way to see nature and give respect for its inhabinates. Eat what you shoot was always the rule. I grew up hunting deer,elk, pheasants,ducks, rabbits and what ever else moves. Archery is my newest hobby. (exempt for wheeling) anyways huntin fun! I say do whatever your conscience lets you get away with. ;)

devilbikerdude

Im in wildlife biology in highschool right now, which is a great class, right now were learning about birds of prey, which is my favorite so far, but in the class we learn alot about hunting and how good it is good for the economy and the enviroment, how it provides income for the gov. and how it keeps wildlife populations in check, although i do not like it when illigal poching happens :mad: , the laws for poching are put there for a reason and if a speices goes extinct with poching as a reason for it, the enviroment could fall in different ways, im not going to explain the whole process but it all comes together in the end, so overall most people who are strongly against hunting, do not understand the whole process and should take time to learn it. Its just like off roading, some people hate it because it can ruin the enviroment in few ways, like my parents friends are all like that, so my parents are sometimes ashamend of me when i talk about it in front of their friends, i also showed them that pic of the buggy going up the waterfall and their friend didnt like it but my dad did. Although, off roading can be very good for the economy because of all the money it brings in, and alot of us off roaders clean up the trails which deffinitly helps, so any ways, hunting is not a bad thing as long as you keep yourself safe and away from illigal poching because the fines and jailtime for it is outragous :eek:

-Evan

JackKeslerCustoms

I think Supergper's right on. I used to go, and it was great until somebody shot something. then you have to gut it, and drag it out, the rest of your day is shot. Then when you get it home, I found out that I really don't like the meat from most wild animals. If I'm not going to eat it, I'm not going to shoot it. All that said most of my friends do hunt, quite responsibly, and I am all for them being able to do it.

notajeep

Just me
I heard somewhere:
If GOD didn't want you to kill and eat animals....They wouldn't be made of meat.
Mmmmmmm.....meat.

Meat_

Banned
I find that most people who don't like the taste of wild meat are eating meat that wasn't properly aged. Clay Meiers hangs all the animals for 20+ days before cutting them, and before you ask, yes you do get your own animal back. They also vacuum pack everything.

Clay Meiers Game Processing

12835 S Minuteman Dr
Draper, UT 84020 - 9205
(801) 572-5039