What do you want to see the Compass in 07?

Seth

These go to 11
I would like to get a feel for what is important to you, the reader. What types of articles would you like to see?

Any specific areas of the state you would like to see more info on?

Tech articles?

Club Profiles?

Product reviews?

History of trails?

you tell me.

Caleb

I think some articles on some of the backroads of Utah would be sweet. If possible with GPS info, history, etc. :)

Meat_

Banned
Someone to read it to me. Preferably brunette.... and female. or raven haired.... :spork: and female.

Put me down for trail history.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have been thinking about this most of the day. Really, people like to see pics, pics of themselves and pics of trails that they have done.

Tech is cool also, but there is soooo much tech on the web these days that it is almost old news nowadays...

I like to read about trails, new trails and those who found them and what it took to make that trail.

I really like how the Compas has evolved into the the mag/fold that it is today.

Good job guys!!!!

Caleb

I have been thinking about this most of the day. Really, people like to see pics, pics of themselves and pics of trails that they have done.

Tech is cool also, but there is soooo much tech on the web these days that it is almost old news nowadays...

I like to read about trails, new trails and those who found them and what it took to make that trail.

I really like how the Compas has evolved into the the mag/fold that it is today.

Good job guys!!!!
I completely agree. Tech is neato but, every website and every other mag out there are already trying to do the tech thing. Unless you can think of a way to bring those tech articles to the people differently I'd say limit the tech. Anyways, U4 (IMO) isn't as much about the tech of our rigs but rather the local, and possibly national, camaraderie you gain through the association and learning about the people and their 4-wheeling history.

So interviews would surely be a good thing :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I would like to see one do Pritchett. That woud be fun.
Jeep_Compass_TOP.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Wow, not big on tech eh? I can fully seen your reasoning (so much already out there) and that makes alot of sense...

What about a product review? Welders, winches, recovery gear, etc?

Caleb

Wow, not big on tech eh? I can fully seen your reasoning (so much already out there) and that makes alot of sense...

What about a product review? Welders, winches, recovery gear, etc?
I wouldn't be opposed to product reviews. I still think there needs to be SOME tech but I wouldn't by any means make it a main focus. :)

kkemp

I think product reviews tend to have a narrow interest. For instance, I have a YJ so, I would not be interested in any review of stuff for TJs, XJ, or Toyotas etc.

I too would rather see more on trails, places and experiences.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I would like to see new places. It seems we get a lot of A.F. canyon and 5 mile pass. Maybe some central Utah, or Logan area. They don't even have to be tough trails. A few if us are more into taking a long expedition rather than 2 hours on an out and back trail. Just a couple thoughts.

I want coupons fer free winches (or wenches), fold-outs of bare naked jeeps, tips on personal hygiene while on the trail, lessons on intake manifold cooking, "get off the trail" stuff, like "how to make a driveline from a cedar tree", servival tips like "how to extract water from red sandstone" or "catching fish using a seatcover 'an yer winch cable"...

Seth

These go to 11
I want coupons fer free winches (or wenches), fold-outs of bare naked jeeps, tips on personal hygiene while on the trail, lessons on intake manifold cooking, "get off the trail" stuff, like "how to make a driveline from a cedar tree", servival tips like "how to extract water from red sandstone" or "catching fish using a seatcover 'an yer winch cable"...

:rofl:

It might be fun to regale the masses with funny fixes that actually worked.

"Manual fuel injection"
"One wheeling Pritchett"
"The $300 tow off Hells Revenge"

don't laugh, those actually happened. :ugh:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I second the manifold cooking article.......... I have great luck with almost anything wrapped in foil. Looking for some new ideas (wondering if the small block is as 'manifold' friendly as the 4.0L.........)

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I would say nay on product reviews, unless it's something you made. Kurts travel trailer wasn't bad, not my thing, but not bad. I prefer the trail write ups, and gps stuff. Knowing whats going on like the landuse forum etc but in maagzine form- this might draw more attention to be actually published.