What is this welder worth? Millermatic 250

A friend of mine is selling this Miller 210. Comes with a full bottle of gas and a large spool of wire and some tips and tools. He's had it for a long time and never really used it and just needs to get it sold.

What do you guys think it's worth? From what I can tell it seems like $1000 but I could be way off.
80786988_10158198888577847_3871515346322063360_n.jpg

Last edited:

N8RB8R

That is a good machine, closest comp on KSL is a Miller 252 they are asking $2000 for. If the bottle is owned and not leased it would cost as much as $500 to purchase full adding much value to this deal. Given the age of the machine with a full bottle (if owned not leased) and new roll of wire, should’t be any reason in my opinion you could’t get $1600 to $1800. Dust it off and list it, you could always go down in price if needed.

Attachments

• 1C6D00A9-C27B-4270-A922-EDBDB2DAAA2F.png
    1C6D00A9-C27B-4270-A922-EDBDB2DAAA2F.png
    246 KB · Views: 12
That is a good machine, closest comp on KSL is a Miller 252 they are asking $2000 for. If the bottle is owned and not leased it would cost as much as $500 to purchase full adding much value to this deal. Given the age of the machine with a full bottle (if owned not leased) and new roll of wire, should’t be any reason in my opinion you could’t get $1600 to $1800. Dust it off and list it, you could always go down in price if needed.

Thanks for the info! The bottle is owned so I guess we'll try to get $1500 for it. Thanks again!

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I owned a 250 for a while. I really did not like it much at all. While is is rated similar to the 252 and the earlier 251. The arc is different. I would look for a later machine

I owned a 250 for a while. I really did not like it much at all. While is is rated similar to the 252 and the earlier 251. The arc is different. I would look for a later machine

Oh I'm not looking at buying it. I was just helping him find out how much to sell it for.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I understand. I think your friend will have no problem selling the machine. I just would not want any of my RME friends from buying it without due diligence. If I had read up on them I would never of bought one. I ended up selling mine at a pretty good loss and putting the money towards a 210 which is so much nicer to weld with. The 250s are now from 20 to 30 years old and there are boards that may not even be available anymore. The arc is very stiff which many do not like (wrapping the ground lead around a iron core can help this).
if this had been a for sale thread I would have kept my opinion to myself, but you did ask value.