Jeep what lift kit to buy? 2018 JKUR

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
That s not my experience. Especially with a 4 door. Are you sure you got an actual 2.5" Ive seen 3in coils get 5in of lift on some rigs. This generally happens to two doors who get 4 door coils.

Setting toe and an adjustable track bar I consider necessities. Thanks for reminding me I neglected to mention that before.

JKU Rubicon with Teraflex 2.5 in coils, I had metal bumper and a winch so it wasn't even quite a full 2.5. Thing wandered all over the place. I was getting ready to buy some control arms when I had a change of heart and went back to a truck

Oscar da Grouch

That F-N-G
JKU Rubicon with Teraflex 2.5 in coils, I had metal bumper and a winch so it wasn't even quite a full 2.5. Thing wandered all over the place. I was getting ready to buy some control arms when I had a change of heart and went back to a truck
Wandering is probably from toe setting. If you had a shop do it they tend to use the factory spec which is not enough toe in for over sized tires. the JK works best with at least 1/8th inch.

The caster doesn't really affect wander. The big symptom of not enough caster is when you round a corner and let go of the wheel it doesn't come back to center. I've measured caster on a bunch of rigs and a 2.5 in lift gets you about 4* of caster. Factory caster setting is 6*. A lot of the taller lifts are actually set at 4* because the pinion angle is easier on drive shaft angle.

So again if it was wandering I bet it wasnt enough toe in.
Alot of shops do the sensors that hook into the rims to set this and more often than not the larger tires obscure this number.
And the factory spec is roughly 1/16th to 1/8th (they use degrees in the manual) and in my experience they wander real bad if you don't get to that 1/8th

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Wandering is probably from toe setting. If you had a shop do it they tend to use the factory spec which is not enough toe in for over sized tires. the JK works best with at least 1/8th inch.

FWIW still had factory tires, I recall the RTC lacking as well. Been a few years so don't recall everything

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Caster definitely affects wander. You will soon find out with that taco if you lift it without replacing the uca's. Both of my 4 runners have been nearly undrivable with 1 degree of caster when 4 is the factory setting.