What size tire are you really running?

AaronPaige

So late winter I bought 37s for my tj and haven’t had it out much last night I ran a trail and my new 37s are smaller than the 35 I took off and gave to a friend (well used), is interco the only ones selling small sizes?

I’m thinking about replacing them with Maxxis treps if you have them did they balance well and are they true to size?

Attachments

• F9A270B6-6C8C-4085-ADBB-DC3312867D02.jpeg
    F9A270B6-6C8C-4085-ADBB-DC3312867D02.jpeg
    868.7 KB · Views: 23

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
Back when I was building my YJ and I bought 4 brand new pitbull rocker 42's... 2 measured at almost 43", and 2 measured at 40"; (10 psi, no weight load). I was flabbergasted at the visible size difference to the naked eye.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
43" SX: 39.25" @ ~5psi
I'd guess they have close to 1/4" of tread wore down. Had them since 2012.

IMG_0967.jpg

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
New 265/70/17 - Pathfinder all-terrain (Hankook Dynapro ATM clone) 30"
Old 265/75/16 - BF Goodrich rugged terrain A/T 30.5"

I thought 265 tires were supposed to be closer to 32" :(

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
One of the reasons I did choose my 43" SX was because a few people on Pirate reported that they came closer to a true 40" and that was the size I was aiming for. That and I love old school swampers.

Now that I'm looking for tires for a taco build, I ultimately want to end up with a true 35", which is looking like I might just go with a 37... But I may stick with a 35 anyways. Still undecided, and it doesn't help that I'm not sure which brand to go with yet either, especially since they seem to vary in sizes brand to brand.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
One of the reasons I did choose my 43" SX was because a few people on Pirate reported that they came closer to a true 40" and that was the size I was aiming for. That and I love old school swampers.

Now that I'm looking for tires for a taco build, I ultimately want to end up with a true 35", which is looking like I might just go with a 37... But I may stick with a 35 anyways. Still undecided, and it doesn't help that I'm not sure which brand to go with yet either, especially since they seem to vary in sizes brand to brand.

I'm liking those KM3's for my next tire, which will be a 37.

RockChucker

I heard from someone (can't remember who now) that a 37" tire will be 37" tall at 65 mph. It's not a static measurement, but a dynamic one? Made sense to me. I have a set of 40" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers and Razr MTs. I should measure them and post up....