What tires were most Legend vehicles running?

Ryan

So, what tires were most of the Legend vehicles running? I've seen a few pics, but only of about 3 or 4 different vehicles. I'm guessing everybody was pretty much just running 35's, but wondering if anbody was running anything bigger like a 36" TSL, or even if the 37" BFG's or MTR's would fit through a 36" caliper. I have a friend with 37" SSR's, and they won't fit without a little help.

Parker

Originally posted by Ryan
So, what tires were most of the Legend vehicles running

You only need to be concerned w/ the Unlimited class... please try and stay focused here. You know you want 39.5's!!! :D

Ryan

Sure I want 39.5's, but my 44 and 12-bolt don't want anything to do with 'em:( I think I'm gonna go Legend in Cedar City and hopefully be somewhat competetive, rather than be dead last in Unlimited. The almighty sponsors say if things go okay in Cedar we'll look at axles next :D :D :D

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
So, what tires were most of the Legend vehicles running? I've seen a few pics, but only of about 3 or 4 different vehicles. I'm guessing everybody was pretty much just running 35's, but wondering if anbody was running anything bigger like a 36" TSL, or even if the 37" BFG's or MTR's would fit through a 36" caliper. I have a friend with 37" SSR's, and they won't fit without a little help.

37's will bump you into the unlimited class. So to stay in the Legend class you'd need 36" or smaller. The majority were using the 35" BFG MT-KM (for the contingency prize money). there were also a few 35" MTR's and some 36" Swampers thrown into the mix as well. All in all the majority of the Legend class rigs were shod with the 35" BFG.
Scott

Ryan

Originally posted by goin4xn

37's will bump you into the unlimited class. So to stay in the Legend class you'd need 36" or smaller. Scott

How close were the 37's to fitting through the 36" caliper? I would imagine if you had slightly worn 37" MTR's or BFG's, you could run Legend with 'em. That sounds like it would be the hot ticket, as long as your crap would hold together.

Any idea why they measure Legend with a caliper, and Unlimited by sidewall designation?

Caleb

Any idea why they measure Legend with a caliper, and Unlimited by sidewall designation?

I dont know for sure but I would guess its because unlimited only requires a minimum of 37" so you can run a 44" if you wanted to there really is no need for a caliper...

Ryan

Originally posted by Andy
Ryan sounds like you need some D60s in the pile or you'll be breaking :D

You ain't just a whistlin' dixie neither:( I could probably go 60 front with the funds I've got, but then that snowballs into a rear axle, then wheels, then tires, blah, blah, blah. Maybe later.

So is this Andy at Six States that I bought some 35" MTR's from a while back?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Dude, don't blow his cover. Nobody really knows who Andy is or what he looks like, He's like a ghost.. A phantom... like Carlos the guerrilla terrorist.

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by Parker
Andy WHO???
:confused: Hollywood??? :confused:

:D
hollywoods the name breaking the sissy is the game
113.gif