What truck next, the Kevin B. edition.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Yeah, if you are only going 300 miles.

Is your 6.2L that harsh on fuel? I think we got 12-13 mpg on freeway, 8-9 towing with our early ‘99 V10 F250. I imagine the Excursion would get similar being heavier but better aerodynamically than a 6” lifted pickup? With 40+ gallons, I’d be shocked to be under 400 miles even towing

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Is your 6.2L that harsh on fuel? I think we got 12-13 mpg on freeway, 8-9 towing with our early ‘99 V10 F250. I imagine the Excursion would get similar being heavier but better aerodynamically than a 6” lifted pickup? With 40+ gallons, I’d be shocked to be under 400 miles even towing

With camper in tow, 9 is a good day. Any head wind and 6-7 is realistic. I think 13 on the freeway when empty is doable.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
What's a D50? That's like 60 outers with D44 guts, is that right?

Ughhhh, you're going to give me Forest Whitaker eye...
Superduty D50 is the same as a 60 but has a smaller center section with an approximate 9" diameter ring gear and inner shafts that neck down to 30 spline. No Dana 44 parts interchange.
It's plenty for what you'll ever need.
Common wear items are ball joints unit bearings and the orings and vacuum hoses for the hubs (xlt and up lock via vacuum when you engage 4wd).

Excursion front leaves are softer than F250/F350.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm not in the market for a Jeep specifically. But I sure do miss running around in the spring with my top off like a shameless hussy. Tell me why this is a bad deal and I should forget about it.

1710102029986.png

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm not in the market for a Jeep specifically. But I sure do miss running around in the spring with my top off like a shameless hussy. Tell me why this is a bad deal and I should forget about it.

View attachment 170548
How do you feel about engine swaps? I personally wouldn’t want a 2007-11 JK without having the engine swapped.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The 3.8 makes 200 HP on a good day, it's a terrible engine for a 4WD and only gets worse if you increase tire size. You can regear, add a supercharger and it'll drive OK, with even worse MPG.